• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Microsoft 10 Update Troubleshooting

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
With the new Windows 10 update, how would one set their computer to log out of all websites whenever they close their Edge browser? I don't mind having the usernames and passwords saved as options, but it would be nice to auto log out so that other people in the family can log into their stuff, instead of staying logged into my account.

Please help!

For a shared device, you might try using activating Microsoft's "InPrivate Browsing Mode" (Cntrl+Shift+N) per these instructions. It should apply for all tabs opened in one browser window:

Using InPrivate Browsing in Microsoft Edge for Windows

Alternately you might want to simply set up your browser to delete select types of data through clearing your cache each time you close the browser, as opposed to having to turn on InPrivate mode each time you use the browser.

You can do this by choosing the three dots on the upper right corner of the browser (Settings and More) and then choosing the "Settings" submenu. From there, choose "Privacy and Services" and go down to the "Clear Browsing Data" section. Click the text that says "Choose what to clear every time you close the browser" and move each switch to the right and turn blue so those particular functions clear when you close the browser.

I normally use Firefox though my system isn't shared. Nevertheless I have that browser set up to automatically delete my cache, history, cookies and passwords each time I exit. Plus I use a freeware app called Glary Utilities 5 and its "Tracks Eraser" to eliminate all evidence of my online destinations which includes many intrusive functions of Windows 10 that don't involve the browser alone.

Last edited:
Am running 8.1 and deleted microsoft's browser as soon as I had Opera installed. When 2023 comes and it's extended life cycle ends I will be switching to linux.

Am running 8.1 and deleted microsoft's browser as soon as I had Opera installed.

You must be haemorrhaging personal data.
Hope you don't have a Facebook account as well.

What’s a browser with 10 percent of the mobile market worth? $600 million, apparently. A consortium of Chinese companies led by Qihoo 360 purchased the browser and several other Opera assets, including the company’s name.
Opera, a Norweigan company, tried to sell the entire company to this same consortium for $1.2 billion earlier this year, but that deal was terminated. The new deal sells off huge chunks of the company.. The famous Opera browser, both mobile and desktop versions, are part of this sale. So are Opera’s performance and privacy apps, as well as all of Opera’s tech licensing (outside of the Opera TV ecosystem). The Consortium has also acquired the name “Opera.”

I don't mind having the usernames and passwords saved as options, but it would be nice to auto log out so that other people in the family can log into their stuff, instead of staying logged into my account.

Cookies store your login data.
Set them to "Clear cookies and site data when you quit" in the browsers options.

With this option set you will have to login everytime you
restart the browser but your username and passwords will
be preserved.

New Threads

Top Bottom