• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Job

What is it about cargo handling that makes it more Aspie-friendly? I am trying to put together a cross-reference of Aspie traits vs. comfort jobs for a friend of mine. He specializes in career coaching for people with hidden disabilities like Asberger's
If one can handle safely operating a tractor trailer, truck driving is a good way to go for someone on the spectrum whom does not like socialization. The job requires adherence to strict DOT laws and compliance which may appeal to folks that like structure. There is also the fact that your boss is most likely going to be a good distance away so he or she won't be breathing down your neck. There are no office politics - just the raw mechanics of safely and professionally operating your truck. That isn't to say that it is stress-free: in times of heavy traffic or in construction areas, the driver must be able to interpret a lot of visual information from the mirrors and the windshield. Bad weather can also put additional stress on a driver. I find those stresses preferable to the stress of socialization in the workplace.

New Threads

Top Bottom