• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New guy here, mainly to get help.

Narxok

I originally was writing a long introductory post that took me nearly two hours to write, but as I was finishing up, my computer froze up and then I ended up losing half my post. I couldn't get it back, so I'll make a short one.

I'm a 24-year-old male diagnosed Aspie. I live with my parents, I'm secretly Agnostic in a family of diehard southern Christians, and have a dead-end part-time job with low hours. My problems mostly lie in auditory processing (I hear fine, but sometimes, words seem to meld together, and I have to ask people to repeat things. I may have to ask multiple times if the person speaks fast or has a heavy accent.), I'm easily embarrassed, I might have ADHD (I'm easily distracted.), terrible in social situations (eye contact problems, small talk is excruciating to me, etc.), I have short-term memory problems, my reactions can be delayed at times, and general awkwardness/weirdness amongst other things.

My obsessions like with collecting and playing video games (single player games, since I don't really have any friends to play with), doing jigsaw puzzles, watching funny or just downright weird videos on Youtube (does the word "Youtube Poop" ring a bell?), and watching anime (I actually don't watch that much anime, but the series I do like, I'm obsessed with, I know them in and out. I guess the same goes with other series I watch.) I also have a tendency to think for many hours (sometimes to music) about stories I've made up in my head that I would like to write, but can't due to my poor writing skills. (I failed AP English spectacularly. My teacher wondered why I took that class. I didn't even know why.) Usually, I seem to just be zoned out during these moments.

Really wanting to get a full-time job so I can leave my parents' house (it's getting unbearable here), but I don't know where to start, so I came here hoping to get at least a hint. I'm thinking about contacting my Vocational Rehabilitation office to help me (they helped me get my part-time job), but I don't know if they can get me a full-time job or not. It's hard to say whether or not I can go back to school too, because I probably can't afford it. I originally dropped out of college, mainly because that was when I just broke down and I found out I had problems. I was diagnosed with Aspergers only a couple of years ago. I didn't even know what it was until I started seeing the doctor.

I came here also so I could possibly get tips on dating. This isn't really a priority for me, but I think that having a significant other who understands and supports me (and whom I can understand and support in exchange) can go a long way for me. Problem is, I've never even flirted with a girl before, and the concept of dating terrifies me because of my overall awkwardness and weirdness.

Anyways, I think that's it for now. I hope to stick around, at least for a little while if not for a long time.

Hi and welcome! :) For once someone on here is about my age! Everyone seems to be older than me or younger than me, mostly older than me. Glad to meet you, i hope you like it here. Everyone here is really nice and helpful.

Hello there, and welcome aboard! I hope you'll find the answers you seek, there are a lot of clever people on here, so you came to the right place :)

Hello

Other than age, and sex and a few other details, you sound just like me!!! I call myself officially, unofficially diagnosed, because, at least two people I know, recognize me as an aspie; in fact, when I hesitantly said I was (always fearful of being laughed at), she said: oh I know that because my son is, so I am bound to recognise it in someone else; which got me thinking: so why are you not understanding then? The other one because he worked with an aspie and as soon as I said that I think I have aspergers, he goes: of course! I wondered what it was about you, that seemed familiar. I plan on getting a "professional" one in the new year, for NT's who need to know, are very into "professional" diagnosis and thus, looking forward to waving the evidence in their faces lol

My husband is always complaining that I look bored when he talks, and now I know it is because I am chronic with my attention span and yep, short term memory is bad, but long term, pretty fantastic.

I must say that you have either a fantastic spell check and someone else typed your thread out, because I can honestly say, I do not get why you think you are so bad! You are better then many NT and your spacing etc is spot on :D

Agh I get you with typing tons and only for freezing to take place or pressing a wrong key and all disappears! Even though I can type ie use all my fingers and thus, pretty fast, I sort of freeze myself and almost despair hits me and it takes me a few minutes to calm down and attempt it again.

You have come to the right place!

New Threads

Top Bottom