• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New avatar/quick info looks overhaul

wyverary

V.I.P Member
I like it. It's MUCH easier on the eyes, and the new gender icons are less distracting than the old ones; and the solid color of the badges makes it easier to read.

Gender icons? I'm not as observant as I thought I was. The scroll thingies showing threads and the comments icon in the forum list are nice.

Any chance of altering your style sheet for .messageText font-size from 15 pixels to 13/14 pixels? At 15 pixels Verdana, Arial and sans-serif fonts seem a bit too large. Wasn't the previous size 13 pixels? I feel like I'm reading a children's book. I know..you can't please everybody all the time...lol. Well...I had to ask. o_O

I can globally lower text size an increment (zoom out) in Firefox, but then smaller fonts become too small to read and kerning (letter-spacing) with the message text begins to get a little wonky. And the font weight/contrast diminishes as it's increased in size. For me it really is a bit harder to read.

I'm guessing this was changed to accommodate all those small screen hand-held devices, tablets, etc.. But even a reduction of a one-pixel increment might help a lot! Just on the message.Text font-size only, of course.

Last edited:
I thought handheld devices use a separate style sheet don't they?

Perhaps, but if so I'd think it would still require a conditional statement specifying a userAgent of sorts for tablets written in PHP to make it happen. A server-side function we users wouldn't likely see to link it to a specific style sheet.

In my time I only wrote separate code on occasion in Java Script for different browsers so they would render things visually either identically or as similar as possible. (Usually forms elements.) Old school stuff by today's standards using almost entirely server-side scripting. But I'm not even convinced forum software developers would want to write all that additional code for so many different handheld devices now on the market. Just like different browsers, tablets and other smaller devices likely don't render code uniformly. No way for me to check though, since I don't own any of them.

So presently I can only directly elaborate on style sheets I see through Firefox with my PCs. So if you (or anyone else) are using a tablet, does the text of each individual post reflect this style sheet ?

.messageText {
font-size: 15px;
font-family: "Verdana",Arial,sans-serif;
line-height: 1.4;

Sadly I see little irksome details that others may not even notice, like broad and poorly kerned typefaces that degrade with increased size like this. I can always use my browser to deselect allowing pages to default to using their fonts and sizes, but in doing so a number of icons are no longer rendered in the process. Bummer...

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom