• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New aspiegirl!

what does that mean????

I think she means that her kind of autism is probably the least detectable.

Stands to reason from my own introverted perspective. But then I find even the detection of female Aspies in general to be daunting compared to their male counterparts.

And an extroverted Aspie, male or female would quite honestly likely "throw me" from easily detecting or even considering they're on the spectrum. Perhaps some of you might be more perceptive. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Thanks to each of you for your messages! (Sorry for my late reply)

@Judge : you are right about the explanation @Maelstrom asked for.

And an extroverted Aspie, male or female would quite honestly likely "throw me" from easily detecting or even considering they're on the spectrum. Perhaps some of you might be more perceptive. I'm not sure.

I see two different interpretations to your sentence so i'm not sure what you meant by "throw you". Could you rephrase, please?

Regarding your question about being quite perceptive, i'm pretty good at it except for jokes and non-explicit humor or communication (if the person isn't laughing at the same time, i have trouble finding if it's serious).

Welcome.

I am definitely not extroverted but I do have a very elaborate set of analytic processes, heuristics, and approaches for social situations. I have taught myself to make eye contact, to hold it and not slide off, to smile (seriously, like practice in a mirror till it doesn't look like I'm being tortured), and have gotten better with practice.

Social psychology is beyond me, but cognitive science and the relationship between neurological structure, brain subsystems by function, neurotransmitter levels, and autistic behaviors fascinate me.

Oh, one of my social adaptations is "sharing." You told something about you, so I told something about me. And stopped instead of going on and on in your thread. Almost. :^)

Thanks to each of you for your messages! (Sorry for my late reply)

@Judge : you are right about the explanation @Maelstrom asked for.

I see two different interpretations to your sentence so i'm not sure what you meant by "throw you". Could you rephrase, please?

Regarding your question about being quite perceptive, i'm pretty good at it except for jokes and non-explicit humor or communication (if the person isn't laughing at the same time, i have trouble finding if it's serious).
Hi @Lexa ...I think he meant you would not be what he was expected as a aspie (outgoing socially) so he would not think you were a aspie unless you told him?
Most aspies are shy and withdrawn socially...I was shy my self but I learned how to rewire my social brain side some so am quite outgoing now...but it still tires me allot because inside I am still a introvert.
Does that help? @Lexa
I like your avatar and screen name! :) Sky Blue!

Welcome @Lexa

I'm a somewhat social Aspie, I randomly talk to people in public (via my camera) and often do street portraits of people I've never met before, yet also have strong introvert tendencies like a dislike of going out with large groups of fellow photographers on photowalks, one or two other people at the most.

And I don't mind the big crowds of large events, photography opportunities! :)

I'm a somewhat social Aspie, I randomly talk to people in public (via my camera) and often do street portraits of people I've never met before, yet also have strong introvert tendencies like a dislike of going out with large groups of fellow photographers on photowalks, one or two other people at the most.

And I don't mind the big crowds of large events, photography opportunities! :)

In my youth I barely talked to anyone and spent most of my time alone. At some point in my 30s (30 years ago) out of necessity I learned to become more social because I had my own business and needed to get clients. Now I can talk to just about anyone, anywhere, about just about anything. Large crowds used to freak me out but I just blend in and nobody takes much notice of me and I not longer worry about what people might think of me. I wear T-Shirts from dive shops in various locations which allows me to talk about my obsession if someone should comment on my shirt. I try to stop talking at some point and allow others to respond or even change the subject. I have learned a lot and have a lot to learn.

To baffle; confuse or astonish.
ok. Yes, i don't seem to be very autistic in public life.
But at home and in my private life there's no doubt haha.

Hi @Lexa ...I think he meant you would not be what he was expected as a aspie (outgoing socially) so he would not think you were a aspie unless you told him?
Most aspies are shy and withdrawn socially...I was shy my self but I learned how to rewire my social brain side some so am quite outgoing now...but it still tires me allot because inside I am still a introvert.
Does that help? @Lexa
I like your avatar and screen name! :) Sky Blue!

I'm naturally social, i need it. What tires me is boring situations, people i have nothing in common with. I've had undesired lonely times because i'd better be alone than getting bored.
I like having time for myself as well but i need a good balance.

Yes, @Maelstrom I understand.

My avatar is a flag :) Some flags were drawn to represent the Earth. This one shows the location of our planet within the solar system. But it's not official. (humans... they were unable to agree on that lol)

Hi guys

It's really cool to join this community.
I'm quite extroverted and actually part of the "invisibles to the end of the Spectrum".

What else? I like sciences, social psychology, dancing, music, building things with 3D printers and my personal goal (probably for next holidays) will be to learn building drones.
Hello and welcome!!! There are a lot of us invisibles around:D.

New Threads

Top Bottom