• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Never Take Shortcuts

KevinMao133

I made the biggest decision of my life, I will not take shortcuts

It might some obvious to some but not everyone gets it

When presented with life choices, opportunities, it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle and say I want to do this and that

However once you know what’s going on, you will realize the damage it causes

Never take shortcuts, always do it a step at a time. Some get it in 2 years, some get it in like 20

My point is one step at a time always wins and that there is always a price to pay when it comes to taking shortcuts/ cheating

That was my attitude when I was employed you could always trust my work. I worked as a Technician at a FORD assembly plant for a chemical supplier. Monthly I had to put together a summary of process results jokingly called the cooked book. My results were always accurate. Ford and their competitors now use a reverse onus system due to my efforts.

I am thinking you are mostly correct. Having a bit more life experience than you, and as an educator, I get a bit skeptical about the words "always" and "never". In fact, at least within the context of education, if a test question or answer has the words "always" or "never", you can count on the statement or answer to be wrong. In life, over time, you might find some exceptions to your current thinking. It's good to have a guiding moral code, no doubt, but keep your mind open to those "every once in a while" sorts of life experiences that might prove you wrong.;)

There definitely are shortcuts in life, I've seen many people take them and succeed in my lifetime thus far.

For me, the path I'm on almost never involves the ability to take them, and my life has been a nonstop series of learning-things-the-hard-way, because, I guess that's probably what I signed up for. ASD is essentially hard-mode, and maybe for a fair amount of us, shortcuts aren't the best way to achieve our goals.

As @Neonatal RRT said though, rules are made to be broken sometimes. Just as long as you can name the rule and know what it means, you might actually find a shortcut specific to your circumstance that brings you success.

I'm quite puzzled on what makes a shortcut over just a wrong decision in regards to your intended goal. In the steroids example, choosing between that or natural muscle gain is two very different decisions. They don't lead to the same place at all. So why is one a shortcut for the other? I can go to the store one street away from me or the one 5 streets away. Is the one street away store is the shortcut then? Because it's less effort even though it's not even the same store?
Someone fire some examples my way, I'm having trouble.

I'm quite puzzled on what makes a shortcut over just a wrong decision in regards to your intended goal. In the steroids example, choosing between that or natural muscle gain is two very different decisions. They don't lead to the same place at all. So why is one a shortcut for the other? I can go to the store one street away from me or the one 5 streets away. Is the one street away store is the shortcut then? Because it's less effort even though it's not even the same store?
Someone fire some examples my way, I'm having trouble.

there are different kinds of steroids. I took winstrol, since my friend told me it was good for losing body fat. Sure I did lose some but I also suffered from a heart attack and mentally I wasn’t there. Now I feel alright, after I stopped taking them

there are different kinds of steroids. I took winstrol, since my friend told me it was good for losing body fat. Sure I did lose some but I also suffered from a heart attack and mentally I wasn’t there. Now I feel alright, after I stopped taking them
Sounds very dangerous. I believe the lesson here is to do research into what you put in your body.

Sounds very dangerous. I believe the lesson here is to do research into what you put in your body.

definitely, but the bigger issue is I hate myself. If I don’t figure out a way to fix my self esteem issues, I will run into serious trouble one day. I just have a feeling I might take steroids again knowing the danger

Instead of buying a standard education, I went to the library for the subjects I needed. This came with some drawbacks, but I doubt that I'd have been able to do my research if I'd had my head stocked the usual way.

I tried the shortcut of buying a lotto ticket to use as my 401k. I ended up out of $2.

J/k

New Threads

Top Bottom