• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need desperate advice

M Robert

Hello everyone I am M Robert and I need help but first I would like to share a story I had a son 2 years ago and that was the most happiest moments of me and my girlfriend's (current at time) life we had planned so many things for our at the time newborn we loved eachother and we loved our son so much it seems nothing could break us as long as we had eachother but the midwives at the hospital started lying and not supporting us but there were a few things that was just needed to be told but then social services came involved and "forced" me and my new family in a situation where if we didn't listen we would have our child taken off us by law so the mother was sent at the mother & baby unit along with my son straight from the hospital and I had to stay home and "deal with it" struggling everyday missing my family to shreds having my heart broken everyday but about half a year later my the mother couldn't handle being away from her mum and brother anymore and went home our son had to go to a foster placement so I was trying my best to keep my family together and we were told we couldn't parent because of our intellegence and so they tested us and the mother had a below average IQ and I had an high IQ to their surprise so the next excuse was it was because I was on the spectrum and I have felt completely angry and mortified of the situation and discrimination but I had to keep my cool so things wouldn't get worse so a year after the mother wanted to go on a "break" she said she loved me it was just trust (looking at it now there weren't supposed to be any trust issues) so then she told me it was only for a bit and few days after I broke down and said to her via text "forget about me I am not worth it" she replied in a short version don't give up I believe in you it is just for a bit and a while after I recently found out the mother left me for a 67 year old taxi driver I had suspicions but I thought it was crazy because like me she was 20 at the time so that messed up with the SS problem because a S worker told me we were going to have our child back together so we lost the chance and because what was happening I was acting stranger and on edge and at the point I got so depressed I had thoughts and so now I have to fight on my own but I just want to conclude this with saying I am not looking for sympathy I don't want to bother people with my problems and I don't want anyone to blame the mother I am typing all this because:

I need advice to try and get my son back because I love him with all my heart

Show awareness that SS (Social Services) system is broken and they damage and destroy families by making any exscuses and making discrimination comments

That their actions can damage people to do unpredictable things (the mother leaving me for a man 47 years older than her for instance)

To warn others to NEVER and I mean %100 NEVER!!!!!! DEAL WITH SOCIAL WORKERS ALWAYS SEEK HELP FROM PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST AND CLOSE TO YOU!!!

To show people out there that there are many individuals such as myself who is dealing with problems like you and if you went through something similar like this I really feel for you and I understand your pain and I sympathise for you and I wish you luck

If you read my story thank you for taking your time sorry I wrote so much I would have wrote more but I don't want to seem to type too much

EDIT: If I worry or make anyone upset I am sorry Im just trying to spread awareness and not trying to scare people but I am from the UK in Wales so what SS are doing here might not affect where you are DEFIANTLY not if you're in Ireland If you had a similair experience you would like to share with anyone feel free to put it in the reply box this was meant for advice but then I thought of alot more people I know who went through this situation with SS

Social workers here in the US aren't always the best and the brightest either. The only thing I can remotely think of for you is to find a good lawyer familiar with social services.

I really sympathize with you M Robert. I had my own run in with social services 17 years ago and the best advice I can give is the same that AsheSkyler gave you. If social services is the same over there as it is here in the states, I can tell you from experience that they don't care about you or your child. The only thing they care about is showing you that they have the power.

You are in for a fight, my friend, and you need someone in your corner who specializes in family law.

When I think of all the parents who do not love their children and do not deserve to raise them, but do, because they have money and power, it breaks my heart for people like you who do care and are told you are not deserving. I cannot offer advice beyond that already given, and anyway am not familiar with the Welsh system, but I do hope the best for you and your family.

Hi M Robert I'm so sorry about your prodicument, I too am from wales, and it frightens me that I could have gone down the same road. If I had been diagnosed before I had my daughter I imagine social services would have barged they're way into our lives, I was a teenage mum at 18, had a lot of problems through pregancy, told every time I went for a scan that I should have an abortion (they couldn't tell me exactly what was wrong with her tho) she was born healthy except for a small dimple on the top of her spine. I won't go in to detail but she is now a perfectly healthy seven year old who is very loving and has never wanted for anything. This reason I am scared of telling my doctor, I am afraid they will blame my inability to communicate and say it is affecting them ( my son is a nightmare in school hits, kicks the teachers won't I interact with the other children, refuses to go outside) but at home with me he is an angel, so I believe there is a high possibility he to has aspergers. So the school knows and bringing in assessors. The only advice I can give is go to family solicitors and keep fighting, don't give up.

New Threads

Top Bottom