• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Wrist

You should trim his claws if he keeps scratching you like that.

... serious discussion? Eh?

I did trim most of them but then his nail clippers broke. I can still clip his nails with them but it's annoying with one handle. So I bought an expensive electric one. Heard they don't like the noise, he wasn't too bad but he's not sure about them yet.

At first, when I saw the photograph I thought you were showing off your self harming on your wrist. Not only was I going to berate you for doing that because those who show it off (deliberately), seem to do it for attention only...but I was going to say that you should inform your parents/doctor etc immediately that you were self harming, because it's not good.

However, when I scrolled down I was suprised with two things. One that your puppy can make that scratches, my cat makes scratches but puppies? I didn't think their nails were that sharp as they can't retract them like cats can, so they get worn down...so, maybe take puppy to the vet and ask him/her to trim the nails to prevent this happening. And secondly, why is this in the serious discussion? Time out might have been better...can a admin move the thread there?

As far as I can tell, Google was making a joke on a topic that may be too serious for some people. I am OK with it though.

In my limited experience, young dogs have sharper teeth (and maybe claws) than older ones, over time they will wear down.

As far as I can tell, Google was making a joke on a topic that may be too serious for some people. I am OK with it though.

That's the way I see it. Google is known to joke around and amuse members like that. I don't think it was necessarily a joke towards self-harm as such but may be seen as that by some.

Admin note: topic moved from Serious Discussion to Off Topic.

Definitely cut your dogs nails if they are seriously that long, I remember ending up with scratches before my dog had them cut.

LOL I was about to say something until I saw the comment about your dog underneath.

I had the same problem with both my dogs and cats. I still have scars from my dog like a souvernir she left behind :(

You should get those puppy's claws clipped. I've just learn to manage and move quickly whenever my cats stick their claws out when I'm playing with them.

New Threads

Top Bottom