• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My public complaint because some people with ASD have "lost"

Dude, nobody here is trying to beat you up. We're trying to help you see reason. But do what you need to do. Let us know how it turns out.

The university already hinted (if you could call it that) at it being over. Give it up, "step outside the box" yourself, consider the info given to you in this thread and find another course of action. You don't want to be irrational about this, do you? Set your feelings aside for a moment and think about this.

(being blunt is another trait of ASD ain't it?)

Last edited:
One of the aspects of autism is fixed thinking. Its hard for us to change or adapt our notions. It can at times be a virtue, digging your feet in and fighting the good fight. But others its just flogging a dead horse. If you are not sure what it is yourself, getting advice from multiple sources is the best approach I think, which is what is happening.

I think you have a good idea but also thought it too narrow. In other words its one very specific skill/activity. And being an old technology will likely trip negative reactions in many. One thought is to expand on the idea and find other skills of this type, including newest technology and have a variety of options to share/present. I do believe you are spot on target with the kind of activity that is appealing/relaxing to aspies.

Dude, nobody here is trying to beat you up. We're trying to help you see reason. But do what you need to do. Let us know how it turns out.
Okay. I guess that I should have told everyone before I posted that I am not emailing MIND Institute or UC-Davis anymore.
After a year or longer, I gave up with them and then posted my comments about them here in an effort to "vent".
They are in Sacramento, where I live and it would be easy to spend an hour with the staff. I don't consider this desire unreasonable, their decision, for unknown reasons, not to discuss my project with me is unreasonable.
After all, I have spent twenty years emailing, etc. other institution staff and people regarding this issue, with little success.
In my presentations each week to school children, I encounter one or more children each week with ASD.
These children with ASD sometimes express an interest in Morse. I gave two Morse radios to a teen with ASD, who told her mother that Morse relaxed her. I gave another Morse radio to a fourth grade student with ASD who was interested in Morse.
It surely felt to me like you were "beating me up". If not, that is great, I hope for your well wishes regarding this issue and not vitriol.

One of the aspects of autism is fixed thinking. Its hard for us to change or adapt our notions. It can at times be a virtue, digging your feet in and fighting the good fight. But others its just flogging a dead horse. If you are not sure what it is yourself, getting advice from multiple sources is the best approach I think, which is what is happening.

I think you have a good idea but also thought it too narrow. In other words its one very specific skill/activity. And being an old technology will likely trip negative reactions in many. One thought is to expand on the idea and find other skills of this type, including newest technology and have a variety of options to share/present. I do believe you are spot on target with the kind of activity that is appealing/relaxing to aspies.
That is one of the troubling aspects of my outreach. People think that because this is old technology, it is not useful. This paradigm is simply wrong. I am anxious for appointments to discuss this because people do not know how much fun and challenging Morse can be for some people unless and until they practice sending Morse with each and all of the three, separate, unique Morse instruments I have. Morse is addicting fun for me, truly! Computer aided networking is so stale, boring, not challenging and no fun for me!!!

The thing is, you can't force people to share your enthusiasm. I think your twenty years of unsuccessful attempts have made that clear. And after a certain amount of attempts, people will actually be less inclined to listen to you. This is not me being vitriolic, I'm simply stating the truth. I'm sorry this endeavor didn't work out, I hope you find an alternative way to put your passion to good use.

The thing is, you can't force people to share your enthusiasm. I think your twenty years of unsuccessful attempts have made that clear. And after a certain amount of attempts, people will actually be less inclined to listen to you. This is not me being vitriolic, I'm simply stating the truth. I'm sorry this endeavor didn't work out, I hope you find an alternative way to put your passion to good use.
You are right, I cannot force people to share my enthusiasm, but I sure can try! What is wrong with that? It makes me feel better about myself! I enjoy working on my project, because it gives me a sense of purpose--to try to improve society. I am proud of my autistic qualities.
Yes, you are being vitriolic, but again, I respect your right and permission to give your comments.

You are right, I cannot force people to share my enthusiasm, but I sure can try! What is wrong with that? It makes me feel better about myself! I enjoy working on my project, because it gives me a sense of purpose--to try to improve society. I am proud of my autistic qualities.
Yes, you are being vitriolic, but again, I respect your right and permission to give your comments.
@Bolletje is not being vitriolic, which is defined as "filled with bitter criticism or malice." She is trying to help you, which is the opposite of vitriol.

New Threads

Top Bottom