• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Passion for Computers

Connor W.

Today I am going to be discussing my passion for computers, it started maybe about when I was 5 years old and my great uncle gave me this old desktop computer running Windows 98, it was about 10 years old at that point and it failed about a year later, but it's what gave me my passion for computers. I have been interested in computers since I was 6 years old, but I didn't become knowledgeable with them until I hit about 11 years old.

I am very passionate, knowledgeable and intelligent when it comes to computers & technology. This knack for computing started all when I was a young boy, and I wish when I'm older to pursue a career in Computer Science or IT.This knack for computers gave me a purpose in life, an idea for a career that I want to pursue when I'm older.

I used to program when I was 11-12 years old and I remember creating an Operating System with Visual C#, I used COSMOS which is a toolkit for VC# and VB to create bootable operating systems with relative ease. The OS I made had a DOS-Like interface, except it had no real file system, it ran on basic commands.

I think its good to have a passion interest. Mine was military history and toy soldiers. But if anyone named Connors comes to your door, don't let them in.

;)

I have to say the story feels quite familiar.

Sadly my IT career ended as I didn't know what I wanted to do in IT and lost my apprenticeship as the company I worked for fired me as they calmed I didn't have Asperger's, and not helping me to better fit to the workplace.
I still want a IT career, but I need to solve a lot of personal issues before I even can think about it.

I think its good to have a passion interest. Mine was military history and toy soldiers. But if anyone named Connors comes to your door, don't let them in.

;)
What's wrong with my name? It was popular at the time I was born and my parents liked it, so that's what they named me. It's just a name, I don't see what's wrong with it. It sounds more normal than a lot of the things those idiot celebrities name their kids, like "Apple". It's also way more normal than what 2 Swedish parents decided to name their child, they named him Albin but spelt it Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116. Naming a person "Connor" is just like naming them "Michael" or "John" it's normal sounding and easy to remember. Quit judging me over my name, it's a typical name.

What's wrong with my name? It was popular at the time I was born and my parents liked it, so that's what they named me. It's just a name, I don't see what's wrong with it. It sounds more normal than a lot of the things those idiot celebrities name their kids, like "Apple". It's also way more normal than what 2 Swedish parents decided to name their child, they named him Albin but spelt it Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116. Naming a person "Connor" is just like naming them "Michael" or "John" it's normal sounding and easy to remember. Quit judging me over my name, it's a typical name.

Reference to a movie. But I messed it up. Don't worry about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom