• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I continue speaking of my life.

I spoke of being in that temporary recovery place - Well, last week I was discharged from.it, I think pretty abruptly and with fairly little time before when I was discharged and when I had to go.

Furthermore, they had arranged to help me in getting a replacement for my accessing-my-money from my SSDI card that was stolen back in December - but it had yet to arrive in the mail for .net at that place. I've been gone for days now. They said that they'd give it to me when it came.

I am in the hospital again now (A different one than the one I'd been in, at least primarily, before) which hopefully might lead into at least an adequate shelter situation Remembering, too, the CIVID shelter-in-place order that now exists in Oregon) - I was fully homeless for a while after leaving the place, and I ended up having to throw away much of my clothes, my second pair of shoes, and reading matter I took with me:(. I have only the one full set of clothes I was wearing when I came here (I have some more clean underwear).

...It is now some time after the above. :( it has been hard to sign in, everything else aside.
From above, I did, finally, get a replacement for the SSDI benefits card and a couplish months of make-up money. I have spent most of it by now, most notably on some days of time in a motel, where I'm whitish this now, flat on a bed using my phone for this. I had some more ambitious stuff in mind - my five days here turned into another five, at least I can sleep on my own schedule and be alone. Due to the CV-2019 situation, there is no maid service here, so it's a.weird sort of camping indoors-squatting - well, I'm dramatizing!:rolleyes: After ordering Dominos the first night I was here - they didn't deliver to my 2nd floor room (by elevator):mad: - I have, in fact, bought a fair amount of frozen/cookable stuff, since there is a microwave and a refrigerator. I am doing at least a bit of Middle American " normality " that I have been denied:(. I thought I had dome metal utensils that I had bought at the dollar store near the temporary care place I reffed yo above but they're almost all gone, as are most of the plastic giveaway utensils I'd saved, I'd thrown much of those away. Since I'm going to be homeless again after the motel time ran out - I will try to get into the hospital, as it will be nearly two weeks since my last dialysis trestment. Presumably, too, that might connect me to some sort of adequate shelter situation for now, which can allow me to be picked up and brought back to there from any dialysis appointment and leave my stuff there - I had anticipated at least that after leaving the temporary place, above, I'd get that, but I didn't, so that's why I did the throwing out of clothes - and shoes - and reading - mentioned above, with hospital security sneering nastily at me:(.
Another thing I spent the back money on was the back rent on my storage in Santa Cruz, which had rsached them saying I was in saying I was in danger of my stuff being sold level. However, I want to get a smaller storage place here for my bit of stuff, to not carry dome book I have but save them for a future hoped-for place - although I practically never read " real " books anymore, I simply can't generally find strong enough light and a comfortable position with my bad back, for one:(. If I can find a laundry place open and get to it somehow I'll wash my stuff there - which with the windfall has gone from one set of clothes, what I am wearing (Remember the thrown-out clothes) to two - Still no replacement for the shoes, just what I'm wesring, I do assume shoe stores are closed and Goodwill definitely is. FTM, even in this " nice " room, my spine-back hurts/is discomfortable basically always when I'm first out of bed/doing business-dressing:(. Powers That Be don't see the so don't know how crippled I am:(. The trolley here's automatic doors/stops are so short that I'm.in danger of falling over:(.
As you can see, I spent this windfall on prostitutes and crack.​

...Jumping ahead, I am in Salem, OR, now. Not Portland. I left because, after that motel stay ran out, I simply had no shelter place other than that place where my coat and cards were stolen months ago:( - and I was breaking my back trying to lug my - few - possessions around

.....:cry: - and I decided to go to a smaller city. I had already decided to leave - Then, the next day, before leaving Portland - I slipped and fell on the street:coldsweat:. The first time that had ever happened. Now, I am down in Salem, in a mission. I do have a cot on the floor and I can, in fact, leave some - or all, even, but I do want some with me - stuff at the mission when going out for the day. And I do have to go out for the day, that has not changed.
If I had written this earlier today, I would have sounded more optimistic, but now, it is looking as if, to be pessimistic, a situation of me being thrown out might be being set up. I'll find out tomorrow. Either way, I do not know wheth the agencies down here are, with the shutdown, going to work with me or not, up in Portland they mostly weren't, and today, my first full day in the mission, an agency near me was only doing mail/showers/bathroom. At least I could switch my mail to there if I am tossed out of here, I had switched mail here before. It seems like people here comment little on what I have to say.

I coudlnt find my earlier thread, and so, this is up. I have only a semi-busted phone, and I know next to nothing about how to Internet (though I have done it since 2000/2001, actually...). I'm.ptetty desperate, and am.planninh to go hundreds and hundreds of miles from P Portland to Westchester County, NY, just to.hopefully find a home, my old home and where my parents and brother are buried, before I completely collapse:disrelieved:...

..earlier thread, and so, this is up. I have only a semi-busted phone, and I know next to nothing about how to Internet (though I have done it since 2000/2001, actually...). I'm.ptetty desperate, and am.planninh to go hundreds and hundreds of miles from P Portland to Westchester County, NY, just to.hopefully find a home, my old home and where my parents and brother are buried, before I completely collapse:disrelieved:...
Go to your profile page and click on the Postings tab and you will get a list of what you have posted.

...OK, so I did mention this here! I am now in New Joisey, on the last leg of going to New York City so that I.can get to Westchester. Defrom there. I've chowed down on truck stop/bus station junk food where the bus. 'takes its breaks these past three days from. but the last 12-16 hours I've had rather little, thought the Eessthere has not been much available and we've been rushed along.I guess as we were delayed some. I'm underdressed I'm cold you'dve thought the East Coast in May would be warmer than.
that...later...........

I was told by someone here that another person had expresses disbelief that I had my wallet stolen last year with my ID card and other things:cry:. This is inaccurate:sob:. I DID!!!!!!!!! have my wallet stolen, late last year:(, and it was only a couple of days after a large amount of money-stolen theft of a backpack and it's contents which also included some irreplaceable pictures of my late brother:sweat:. The theft was in Portland, after that I made first attempts to replace it but then the COVID shutdown happened.
I left Portland for Westchester - As yet I can't get help. I am so crippled and it-a harf to get around - I wish somebody would help me:cry: (not money).

...I am in the hospital again, for a variety of reasons - If I could just get some help (as I said, not money) in getting around, establishing connections, things like trying to improve my computer ability - I spent $200 plus on a netbook and I can't really do anything with it - and in.getting a new ID:(.

...Because of the way I am handicapped, it is a twenty-thirty minutes or so just to walk from out the shepherd's door to the bus stop - could be more if I rest, some of it's uphill, and with no railing. That's not the wait for the bus, or the bus ride - just the walk. Then the downtown bus station seems to have long waits, and not always reliable info on which lane you should wait in - and it's hard for me to get from one lane to another.:(

...For all my talk of visiting my parents and brother's grave, I have yet to do it:disrelieved:. It is two bus rides up-County to get there, I'm not sure how long it would take or if the last bus stops near the church where the interred ashes are. I'd have to get started pretty early in the day really. I am thinking that it might be needed to go back to Santa Cruz to get a new ID because the homeless center there was helpful with that. However, that would mean reversing coming here - and, post-COVID, are they still doing it?

...I just want a decent place, with help from So I am Services and that bit of money I could access I could set up a decent life, a nice little place with my books, etcetera that are in storage - Where could I go?
Perhaps both Santa Cruz/ the " Greater Bay Area " and Westchester County are too expensive - but I have no roots anywhere else.
How could I pick somewhere e l we to go? How would I get there? What would I do once I got there:(?

SSDI + stipends from Mr. Mooney + social services available virtually everywhere, would provide reasonable accommodations for most anyone.

...Finding it I'd hard. How do I set it up? This is especially true with my handicappedness now (since 2015):(. I have no caring family to draw upon - and I didn't have a whole lot, even when I waa.younger - my brother's condition meant I was somewhat left alone.
Actually, my two cousins cheated me out of a share of some money and some rights (I can't think of the word - not ownership) to some land - Thru blatantly cheated and lied to me, I'm sure my parents and aunt/uncle never suspected they'd do what they did:cry:.

O am still in White Plains, but I am wondering whether I will hop a bus back to California! In part because it does seem -possible - that the doableis way to get a new ID might be to take advantage of the get-a-new-ID program at the Santa Cruz homeless center, assuming that it's still going as before. Another reason for going back to California might be my books, etc. In storage there. They've been in storage long enough that, well, I've spent a lot on them:eek:. It appears that I cannot get Public Storage to open up the storage unless I'm.physically there (tho I pay my rent from.a distance) - even if a place appeared here in Westchester I apparently would have to go physically West to get them shipped East:(.9

...It may seem " - even if Ezra is kind of my enemy, I will answer him - I can't seem to get an opportunity to get a place and move in and set it up (with the things in storage plus decent furnishings - and a certain amount of handicapped-suitability would be needed). Somewhere cheaper than Westchester or Santa Cruz/Greater Bay Area might be more do-able (though likely having less social services) - but I really have no roots anywhere else? Where do I go to?
It's true, in a sense, that I've been going to all this trouble trying to find a place where Social Services would be nice, more or less think I'm sick enough - Well, I am handicapped.:( Tho since people tend to not see me straining to put my pants on due to my difficulty in bending over/balance:disrelieved:, or walking really slowly down a city block and stopping to catch breath a couple times due to my CHF, since they only see my walking a few steps on smooth indoor floors they don't see how handicapped I think I truly am:astonished:. COVID has certainly introduced a variable into this. Might it mean there's more shelter space available in Santa Cruz. COVID led to some places putting homeless folk up in go/motel rooms, to keep them from getting it. That was pretty much just folk known to that town's SS. I am.listening to James Brown instrumentals on YT. They're good background typing music! Prior to that, James did " Make It Funky (Parts 1. 2, 3 &4) "! They chanted " Make it funky! " about 53 million million times. I could joke that Pts 1, 2 and 4 were masterpieces but PR. 3 was a Top 40 sellout...! Before that, I had 60s soul group The Impressions doing " Get Up And Move "?

...I have a fair amount of money but (I'm in a hospital situation again - Once I'm out) I am thinking I'll spend my money on a bus back to Santa Cruz - At least I 5 think I could get a replacement ID there, I got one before. As I said, I arguably might have had an apartment in Portland now if only I had an ID card, you maybe don't know how vital those are for social service agencies to take you seriously:(. Even though I'm disbelieve about having had my ID stolen:cry:.​

As an NY resident you would have to get a new NY ID card anyways in order to get social services etc in NY.

The same applies to Oregon.

Last edited:
...Frabkly, I am hoping for someone to take care of me in the right way - to see to what extent I am handicapped - which I think is not " visible " enough to.persons in positions of authority. I am thinking that getting an ID might be more doable in Santa Cruz, too. And those books, etc. of mine are in storage there. If only I could get a decent place and move those things - and the other 5hings inherited from my brother - into it!:(
I am even thinking that getting some sort of shelter situation might be more doable there because of the greater attention being given to putting up homeless people because of COVID. I am looking to be helped. In the right way.
I have a fsirish bit of money now, but when I have spent it, I've spent kind of too much on restaraunts food in White Plains and taxi rides back to the shelter.:eek: I'd spend enough of that money on the expensive, and time-consuming, journey back to CA on Greyhound.

New Threads

Top Bottom