• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SteveNomad

I am still in Good Sam, in the same situation, on this Friday morning
I brought up wanting to see the social worker on Wednesday and issues We'd.to. doctor, repeating it later to the nurses. I never saw a social worker. I repeated all of the above on Thursday and the SW never appearing also repeated
It is now Friday, I brought it up to a doctor again this morning.
Good Samaratian's TVs have this apparent capacity to go online, to answer a question, I guess that is what you were asking about?, but there have not been the keyboard you would need to do anything with that in my room.

Call the patient resources dept, ask if they have a loaner laptop you can use for awhile.
Tell them you need to access support services for yourself.

...I think you are being greatly over-optimistic about What I Am Going To Geto_O. I might as well walk up to strangers in the street, or into a bank, and go " Hey! How about a sample Benjamin? " Also, what could I access in a laptop that I cannot do on this phone - especially considering my highly limited computer skills:(.

...Beyond that homeless place, which I have called on the phone, I also do not see what support services I am going to be able to call on that the social worker/etc. presumably would not access.

Steve - I suggest you ask the nurses to arrange for a patient advocate to assist you in obtaining services. I don't know anything about Good Samaritan Hospital but understand that all hospitals have employees devoted to assisting patients with problems, issues, transition to other facilities, arrangements for therapies, etc. That's a place to start to get the medical assistance that you believe you need. You must explain to them, make it clear, that you are on the spectrum and have numerous medical issues that you cannot deal with on your own.

...As it happens, as far as an immediate post-hospital situation, things are looking optimistic right now...but do don't like to talk about things till they've happened. maybe it could jinx them. But. Sigh. Though I do mention my AS-news when I'm afmitted, let's face it, I look and I'm sure am identified as more " homeless " then " autistic ". An autistic " adult " is a baby-faced guy with round, smooth, dimpled cheeks and a Beatle/Lovin' Spoonful haircut who pop like a bubble and disappears the night before his 26th birthday and carried Magna and Star Trek stuff all the time. Everybody knows that.
I have never had any extended same'room relationships with any autistic person, a couple nothing-really-followed visits to groups have all there's ever been and they turned into nothing. I of course am.older than the concept of AS being in school and I was never in, for better/worse, any " autistic/Aspies track " and groups.:(

...If I didn't put this up, I am out of the hospital now. I did land in this program, RCP, I do have a bed and food is covered - This is lucky, because I still have absolutely no money whatsoever;). Even when I finally got to a bank yesterday, though at least they accepted the make-up check I received from that lawyer in NYS who handles that inheritance, they would not even cash a small amount of it now, and it would not be accessible till I guess Wednesfay of the week after next. That is still even now 11 days away:(. I mean totally, 100%, no money. I came out of the hospital with just the one set of clothes (multiple t-shirts and pants worn on top of each other at the height ' Homeless, you know:( - As of.now I've .taken some off) I can get - extremely expenx rides paid for by RCP for important things, I have a comp list public transport coupons.
I do not have any underwear. I really want a sleep.mask, which I've had a habit of wearing. but they're ten bucks or so. that'staken some off), though I have gotten a clothing ft certificate to a Goodwill-type place - I have yet to arrange it - Puttin this up unfinished.

...If I didn't put this up, I am out of the hospital now. I did land in this program, RCP, I do have a bed and food is covered - This is lucky, because I still have absolutely no money whatsoever;). Even when I finally got to a bank yesterday, though at least they accepted the make-up check I received from that lawyer in NYS who handles that inheritance, they would not even cash a small amount of it now, and it would not be accessible till I guess Wednesfay of the week after next. That is still even now 11 days away:(. I mean totally, 100%, no money. I came out of the hospital with just the one set of clothes (multiple t-shirts and pants worn on top of each other at the height ' Homeless, you know:( - As of.now I've .taken some off) I can get - extremely expenx rides paid for by RCP for important things, I have a comp list public transport coupons.
I do not have any underwear. I really want a sleep.mask, which I've had a habit of wearing. but they're ten bucks or so. that'staken some off), though I have gotten a clothing ft certificate to a Goodwill-type place - I have yet to arrange it - Puttin this up unfinished.

I'm glad your situation is improving, Steve. You're safe, warm, fed, and have some assistance. The check will clear the bank soon so you'll have access to money. Banks always say it can take up to 10 business days for a check to clear but a lot of times the check will clear faster than that. Keep contacting your local bank to find out when the check clears the law firm's bank. Hang in there!

...I will put part 2 of the above up, but first, given that I still do not have a bank card nor do so have the number of the bank account (In the immediate aftermath of the cards theft. I still be d a piece of paper on which I had written the enter-into-the-account to withdraw numbers, but the piece of paper got wet and the numbers became unreadable:-(), and the bank claimed they were streching things to accept the deposit of the check - the fact that it was an official-looking check referencing the trust of whatever my mother set up and I also had the envelope it was sent to me in probably helped - and I do not know any way of reasonably checking the balance beyond going the bank physically (Since have no number as said above K can't call & check it) going to the bank on a previous day seems likely to end in disappointment. I have NO money!:coldsweat:

...I meant I have a couple of public transport coupons. I have ZERO money and that might be a recipe for me going wild if I all of a sudden get lots of money in 10 days:eek:-
Actually, there is a considerable overdraft in the account already, fee/s and the fact that the account did, despite not being full enough, pay this phone's monthly bill when it became due late last month and a couple?? of cyber-publication subscriptions that it was set up to automatically pay ' I'm happy that it did so, or I wouldn't be able to do this now - There's no reading matter around here and on matters more important than that. Ztoo:(! This phone. Stop. seems to be teetering on breaking again and again, the last two?? nights I had.to coax it back to working with my ULTRA-limited skills:relaxed:. If this breaks or gets stolen. I'm in trouble:astonished:.

...I will put part 2 of the above up, but first, given that I still do not have a bank card nor do so have the number of the bank account (In the immediate aftermath of the cards theft. I still be d a piece of paper on which I had written the enter-into-the-account to withdraw numbers, but the piece of paper got wet and the numbers became unreadable:-(), and the bank claimed they were streching things to accept the deposit of the check - the fact that it was an official-looking check referencing the trust of whatever my mother set up and I also had the envelope it was sent to me in probably helped - and I do not know any way of reasonably checking the balance beyond going the bank physically (Since have no number as said above K can't call & check it) going to the bank on a previous day seems likely to end in disappointment. I have NO money!:coldsweat:

Hmmmm..... that complicates things. It sounds like you're going to have to physically visit the bank to ask if the check has cleared. Or contact the attorneys who are handling the trust money for you and ask them to notify you when their check clears their bank. At this point in your life, it is easier for them to find out that info than it is for you to find out. Ask them to call or text message you - or whatever is the best way for you to receive information - to notify you when their check clears their bank and the funds are credited to your account.

It is none of my business and unsolicited advice can go awry, but you need a bank account. You should request the attorneys to make a direct deposit of all future trust distributions to your bank account. Don't rely on snail mail for delivery of those checks to you. I can't tell if you have an account or not, although you mention having an account number. I've never heard of a bank that refused or hesitated to accept a check for deposit to an existing customer's account. Please get a debit card for your bank account and use it to make purchases.

...I do have an account there (Wells Fargo) and had an ATM card, it was stolen in the theft. That's why I mentioned having had the paper with the ATM access number that hot smudged.

...Still waiting for my money, when I am in the place, there is really nowhere to go but my father crowded, two roommates, room. (The two roomates were talking last night about getting heroin or a substitute for it - one had appeared before to be going through withdrawal.)
The food here is quite generous, from food banks, rather tending toward heavy canned/packaged " Middle American " but including uncooked meat too - I am rather overeating, for lack of much else to do.:confused:

...My money got cashed - I thought I posted that already:rolleyes:? - I have spend a lot, though much has been nessecarry. I thought I posted this already?o_O

Great Steve! Good news then. You have food, dinero, and you keep trucking on. I agree with Mary Terry. Excellent advice- tell the attorney that you need a direct deposit or wire transfer to your account and to take the charge out of it. They will need your account number and routing number, bank name and address. This goes through by 3 days and is posted to your account immedately.

...The lawyer will only send it via standard USPS-sent mail. I am at least in the process if getting a new bank card and New ID, though it will take a while. At present, I can only withdraw from the bank's own Arms, with the no-ATM card withdrawals app of the bank with this phone.
I thought I said this, but recently I bought 1 XXL t-shirt and outside jacket (both of which are likely at least a bit small on me, but Target I believe carries no larger), also there getting XXL fresh underwear and jogging:pajama pants, in recent years all I've worn for pants, there too. I wanted a full complete at least basic clothes I could wear from a shower and be clean, with the thought I'd wear them to church too-morrow, that being to-day. However it was really too late how to get all that and more done and figure out how I could public-transport too a possible church. I'd have to find XXL or above either at a thrift shop or an expensive Big & Tall store.

I do have my bank card now and a fair bit of money. I am still in the recovery place but it is temporary and, when I met with a counselor to talk about housing what be brought up then was some kind of shelter after this ran out not an immediate place. Now, my first thought is staying here in Portland, but the " go to my NYS home area " thought is still with me (though there is a thought that it's a bit of a " giving up " concept). I really am slow-moving with my handicappedness - it was like a 25-minute walk to go about 1&1/2 blocks coming back from a taqueria to this building this set night - and I thought it was more. It was dark, I was cold and carrying a bunch of stuff and my crutch and walking on uneven cold wet concrete barefoot, in backless Birkenstocks, so...(I like alliteration). I'd best not buy much more " stuff " as I have too much to carry already - I do have a small locker at that homeless place.

The other day the concept was brought up to me that I was supposed to, originally, have my date of leaving here brought up to me " but it was delayed " brought up to me by a staff member who was under the impression that it had been brought up to me by other staff, she I think thought that originally that date had been slated as my final date but had been delayed?? I told her that no staff had said anything to me about a leaving date which is true. Since this I have tried to mention my physical problems more to the staff to make me seem more vulnerable - and I have 'em.
For instance, when I get out bed, my spine aches and it's hard to keep balance, though eventually I'll get into the groove and it will be better. And I've occasionally had this eobbliness\hardness to keep balance suddenly happening at normal times, once had enough that I spoke of going to y he hospital.
I had more things stolen from me - Clothes from the laundry room. Though some sémeemed to be have been left. With things stolen, and lost-broken, I do end up having to re-buy things so much:(.
My roommates are both gone, so I am alone in my room:). This is nice - but it can't last. At least I " have my own room " now, like a teenager (again - Or the college dorm room I never had:cry:? I dunno, even the military barracks room I never did, either, though maybe I would've hated that. Anyway, perhaps pathetic, that that's my ideal if " good "?:disappointed: I have a major problem with the dialysis stuff but I won't go into it now.

New Threads

Top Bottom