• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
Here's my idea for a Catholic lay apostolate for Autistic people; it would be run exclusively by Aspies, and would be organized like a medieval guild or the Knights of Columbus, with secret ceremonies and the like. (there would also be efforts for the members to maintain their anonymity from the public, if they don't want the public to know they have Autism.) The lodges would have their own chapels, where Tridentine Masses would be said, or Ordinary Form Masses, without the irreverent music that messes with our sensory conditions. The Apostolate would be dedicated primarily to helping Aspies live their lives and vocations, as well as helping them out, when they run into difficulties; it may also help them develop and regiment their spiritual practices. The Apostolate would also help their fellow-Catholics in the local area, just like the Knights of Columbus; it would help with parish events, Rosary rallies, other public events &c. I would also like this Apostolate to make and publish it's own media, both for evangelization and resources to help fellow-Catholics both Aspie and NT. I would name this Apostolate Claritas, after the gift of Clarity both Aspies and NT alike are promised in the World to Come.

So that's my idea for an Autistic Apostolate, I just thought I'd post this so that it's out there and people know of it; it probably won't come to fruition anytime soon, especially with this whole COVID thing, but maybe sometime in the future I, or someone else will find the opportunity to start this, or something like it. Only the Lord knows.

Ensure it has a rule book otherwise everyone will be kept guessing (a common fault in these set ups):

The Laws Of The Medes And The Persians, Handed Down On Graven Tablets:

RULE 1

We don't have any rules here, so make sure you don't break any;

RULE 2

We're free and easy here, so make sure you don't step out of line!

Keep these, and ye shall be far from the Kingdom Of Heaven!

I’m working on an anthem for this apostolate if Lord-willing, one day it becomes a reality, I’d want to be translated into Ecclesial Latin and am not sure about the tune, here it is:

Claritas Anthem

Chorus x2

O Queen without stain; (Regina sine labe)
We cry to Thee from the shadows of the World.
To deliver us to the New and Eternal Israel,
To the Throne of the Eternal King.

Sweet Mother of God,
Pray, pray for us!
Scatter the demons
Who fear Thy soul,
And grant our spirits
To feel Thy embrace
And enjoy Thy Son’s
Eternal Peace.

O Queen without stain;

O Woman Who’s “yes” did Save us,
Did end the tyrannical reign of Baal and Nebahaz.
Through Baptism we’ve become Thine daughters,
And sons in Thy Son.

Sweet Mother of Grace, (or just Mother of God, Mater Gratiae?)
Pray, pray for us!
Convert our enemies,
Free us from our sins,
And nourish with Thy Son’s Grace.

Chorus
And that’s what I’ve got so far.

Last edited:
I’m working on an anthem for this apostolate if Lord-willing, one day it becomes a reality, I’d want to be translated into Ecclesial Latin and am not sure about the tune, here it is:

Claritas Anthem

Chorus x2

O Queen without stain; (Regina sine labe)

Sweet Mother of God,
Pray, pray for us!
Scatter the demons
Who fear Thy soul,
And grant our spirits
To feel Thy embrace
And enjoy Thy Son’s
Eternal Peace.

O Queen without stain;

O Woman Who’s “yes” did Save us,
Did end the tyrannical reign of Baal and Nebahaz.
Through Baptism we’ve become Thine daughters,
And sons in Thy Son.

Sweet Mother of Grace, (or just Mother of God, Mater Gratiae?)
Pray, pray for us!
Convert our enemies,
Free us from our sins,
And nourish with Thy Son’s Grace.

Chorus
And that’s what I’ve got so far.
I’ve finally come up with something better for an English version for the Claritas anthem (I think each language or culture should have its own version of a Claritan anthem), it’s only one line, the chorus but at least it’s something, it goes like this:

Our Mother, without disorder,
hear our pious, Faithful plea,
turn Thine eyes and accept us,
make us a part of Thine dow-r-y!
Turn Thine eyes and accept us,

That’s all I have, it obviously refers to England as Our Lady’s Dowry, not that should be all about England and the like, I mean, I myself am of Scottish descent so I have my own reservations.

So yeah, it’s only one line or verse but at least it’s something, it certainly is better than what I have for the Spanish version which is just “¡Viva la Raza de Santiago!“ well that and the ending line which is probably a complete butchering of the Spanish language“

”¡¡¡Al, tro-no, de, Dav-id!!!”

Which is by the way an important theme and image I want to have in all the Claritan anthems.

Chorus:
Our Mother, without disorder,
hear our pious, Faithful plea,
turn Thine eyes and accept us,
Turn Thine eyes and accept us,
Here’re our fruits, here’re our Crosses,
do not despise our oddity,
know that our Faith, and our labours,
art indeed done with Charity.
Know that our Faith, and our labours,