• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

my friend thinks she's on the spectrum

thickpeen

Karasene, Karasel, Karamel, Karabear
I have a very close friend who I've had a lot of help from in the past with regards to social skills, what's inappropriate talk at what time, overly friendly touching, etc. and has been very helpful and accepting of my condition. Recently though she mentioned that she has concerns that she might be on the spectrum, primarily Asperger's. I don't know if she thinks that she has it because she sees herself as socially inept, or if she has sensory issues, or any other amount of symptoms(?). I'm trying to be supportive and I do respect self-diagnosis as it often leads to real support and analysis, but I don't know what to do. I have recommended her the AQ and some resources on this site but what else can I do to help?

Let's start with this: How old is she, and what country do you live in? Even furthermore, what state/province do you live in?

New Threads

Top Bottom