• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Friend and my Girlfriend...

JeIIohamster

Okay, so I am dating this awesome girl from Canada named Tyra. There is one problem though... my friend Nevin wants her. Alot. Nevin has physically hurt me in attempts to make me let him date her, and he has gotten his friend to stab me with a pencil (this got him suspended, thank goodness). I'm really afraid Tyra will start to like him, since he is doing alot for her, such as writing a 5-page song for her... If anyone has advice for me, please tell me. Thanks :relieved:

Nevin has physically hurt me in attempts to make me let him date her, and he has gotten his friend to stab me with a pencil (this got him suspended, thank goodness).
This is not a friend. This is someone you need out of your life ASAP.

The question I have to ask before I offer up any advice is: How does this person Nevin know this girl? It sounds like it's a long-distance thing (I'm assuming, since your profile lists you as from Virginia)...do you have any mutual friends? How did you (both?) meet this girl?

This is not a friend. This is someone you need out of your life ASAP.

I agree with Ereth. People who ask someone else to stab you with anything are not friends. Anyone willing to hurt you to get what they want is no friend.

It's not even just that. If Nevin were a real friend to Jello, he'd respect Jello's relationship with Tyra, even if he feels something for her.

But yeah, the physical violence makes this decision even more of a no-brainer than it would be normally.

The question I have to ask before I offer up any advice is: How does this person Nevin know this girl? It sounds like it's a long-distance thing (I'm assuming, since your profile lists you as from Virginia)...do you have any mutual friends? How did you (both?) meet this girl?
Yep, it's long distance. :nomouth:

One more question: do you parents know about your relationship and the problems associated with it? You're thirteen years old. You're taking a huge risk with an online attachment.

I'm sorry if I'm rude, but aren't you a little young for a serious relationship? I know that when I was 13 boobs couldn't be big enough. Right now it's more about what's inside, if the inside happens to have a nice outside, than I'm definitely in.

I don't want to bust your dream, I also don't want to be rude, but you're 13, you will change a lot, so will she.

Probably not smart to post this, but I did it anyway. I am just warning you

Are you sure this is worth fighting over? I mean, i honestly don't get relationships at all, especially long-distance ones

I think it's progressed beyond simple "fighting." Whether the long-distance relationship is a good idea to begin with isn't really the issue, IMHO. I'm most concerned about Nevin's behavior.

This will probably hurt your feelings, so know that I know that, and ultimately, this is meant with compassion. I like to treat young people like the older people they aspire to be!

Okay, so I am dating this awesome girl from Canada named Tyra. There is one problem though... my friend Nevin wants her. Alot.

My curiosity is piqued... I don't know how you young whippersnappers do things these days, but is this, like, chatting, messaging, Skyping, Facebooking? How does he know her? I have the same questions as Ereth.

Nevin has physically hurt me in attempts to make me let him date her, and he has gotten his friend to stab me with a pencil (this got him suspended, thank goodness). I'm really afraid Tyra will start to like him, since he is doing alot for her, such as writing a 5-page song for her... If anyone has advice for me, please tell me. Thanks :relieved:

Just wondering, 'cause, like, if he really wanted to "date" her--why does he have to have you let him? Are you two "going steady", as they used to say, and not allowed to chat or Facebook with anyone else? So he'll get someone to stab you with a pencil, but he can't chat online with her without your permission?

Please understand that part of my reaction is that I'm not used to interacting with children on here (or in person!), but that's what you are describing here--the behavior of children. Even if your pubes have started growing in. ;)

Consider this a bit of tough love, because love is tough--really tough. In the years to come, you'll find out--if a dude really wants a girl, he'll just go for her. He won't ask your permission. And even a girl with a flesh-and-blood boyfriend will entertain attention from desirable prospects. When I was in high school, this one time at a party, I was joking around with a girl who had a boyfriend, and I pretended to grab her butt. She pulled away as I expected, but to my surprise, she stopped and backed up into my hand. I didn't know stuff like that happened! Then she started telling me how unsatisfied she was with her guy, who was a friend of mine, and I wasn't about to do that to him. But she was letting me know I could steal her away.

If she ends up liking him more, she is free to do so. It's a tough pill to swallow, but it's all too true: All Is Fair in Love & War. There are no rules. You never get to own or even control your partner. Even when you're married. I just had to learn that one, and now I'm not married anymore.

Maturity comes from enduring hard knocks and learning from them. Your maturity level is such that your peers stab each other with pencils. Grown-ups don't even hardly use pencils. Think about that.

Right now you are a bundle of raging hormones. Enjoy Tyra's company. Just have fun, and don't take it too seriously, even if it feels like the biggest, most wonderful thing that could ever possibly happen. If she likes Nevin, that's her right. It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. If you want to keep her interested--know that it's about her. Make her happy to be chatting with you!

By the way, and this is another thing I learned the hard way--when you're in a long-distance relationship, and your girl goes off to college, she's going to start being interested in the numerous guys who are there around her in person. Be prepared for the same thing to happen once she starts attending her new high school. That's why it's good to just enjoy your contact with her now. You will experience heartbreak in your life. It's an opportunity to grow from a "boy" to a "man"! :)

And, à la Ereth and Sass, learn a lesson about Nevin. Aspies can be overly trusting, and befriend the wrong people. So when a guy starts a violent campaign to "let you" interact with your girlfriend, he's the wrong people. And if they don't already, make sure your parents know about this relationship of yours, because that's the responsible, grown-up thing to do.

And really... a five-page song? Even American Pie doesn't take up five pages! Is Nevin an Aspie, too? ;)

One more; couldn't resist...

Last edited:
Nevin's an idiot. He's trying to make you let him date Tyra? It's Tyra's choice who she dates, and even if you were to leave her life, it wouldn't mean she would date Nevin.
I'm not sure "dating" is even the right term, given that you're 13 and it's not even an in-person thing. But it must be nasty to be treated this way by Nevin, who, as far as I can tell, is not long-distance.

New Threads

Top Bottom