• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I decided to post this as a thread, because I think it'll probably be too long to post as a blog post. This is my idea for a Chaplet of St. Thorlak, I haven't made it yet, I'm still waiting the St. Thorlak medal to arrive, (which I made a previous thread about) and also want to order a Miraculous Medal centerpiece for it. https://www.giftscatholic.com/rosar...ed-center-with-blue-enamel-accent-1-inch.html

The chaplet will be made up of two decades, (set of ten beads) I mistakenly thought that the Saint held the office of bishop for 20 years, but after quickly checking it, I discovered that he only held the office of bishop for 15 years. (1178 until his death in 1193) These two decades focus on the intellect and will, as I'll get to in a moment when we go over the prayers and meditations of the chaplet. The chaplet also has a long "tail" of 14 beads, (not including the Our Father and Glory be beads.) this "tail" or "decade" focuses on the body, it's longer because I thing of noticed about Autism from a Catholic philosophical stand point is that there seems to be some kind odd relationship between the body and the intellect and will, there is both an attachment and detachment between the body and the interior at the same time; the intellect and will seem to have a detachment from the body, yet at the same time, are at the same time seem very attached to the body, hence the things like sensory issues and the like. On the "tail" one will meditate on the Assumption of Our Lady, and on the two decades one meditate on two aspect of the Annunciation, I'm not sure if there is a word limit to posts, but I'll go through each of these in the following posts:

The Chaplet of Saint Thorlak

I start with the Athanasian Creed, it appeals to us Aspies because it is very specific and spells things to an exact a point that may be consider "redundant" by NTs. (although I have heard presumably NT Catholics say that the creed is very beautiful.)

The Athanasian Creed

Whoever wishes to be saved must, above all, keep the Catholic faith.
For unless a person keeps this faith whole and entire, he will undoubtedly be lost forever.
This is what the Catholic faith teaches: we worship one God in the Trinity and the Trinity in unity.
Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance.
For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, another of the Holy Spirit.
But the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit have one divinity, equal glory, and coeternal majesty.
What the Father is, the Son is, and the Holy Spirit is.
The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, and the Holy Spirit is uncreated.
The Father is boundless, the Son is boundless, and the Holy Spirit is boundless.
The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal, and the Holy Spirit is eternal.
Nevertheless, there are not three eternal beings, but one eternal being.
So there are not three uncreated beings, nor three boundless beings, but one uncreated being and one boundless being.
Likewise, the Father is omnipotent, the Son is omnipotent, the Holy Spirit is omnipotent.
Yet there are not three omnipotent beings, but one omnipotent being.

Thus the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God.
However, there are not three gods, but one God.
The Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, and the Holy Spirit is Lord.
However, there as not three lords, but one Lord.
For as we are obliged by Christian truth to acknowledge every Person singly to be God and Lord, so too are we forbidden by the Catholic religion to say that there are three Gods or Lords.
The Father was not made, nor created, nor generated by anyone.
The Son is not made, nor created, but begotten by the Father alone.
The Holy Spirit is not made, nor created, nor generated, but proceeds from the Father and the Son.

There is, then, one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three sons; one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.
In this Trinity, there is nothing before or after, nothing greater or less. The entire three Persons are coeternal and coequal with one another.
So that in all things, as is has been said above, the Unity is to be worshipped in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity.
He, therefore, who wishes to be saved, must believe thus about the Trinity.

It is also necessary for eternal salvation that he believes steadfastly in the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thus the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is both God and man.

As God, He was begotten of the substance of the Father before time; as man, He was born in time of the substance of His Mother.
He is perfect God; and He is perfect man, with a rational soul and human flesh.
He is equal to the Father in His divinity, but inferior to the Father in His humanity.
Although He is God and man, He is not two, but one Christ.
And He is one, not because His divinity was changed into flesh, but because His humanity was assumed unto God.
He is one, not by a mingling of substances, but by unity of person.
As a rational soul and flesh are one man: so God and man are one Christ.
He died for our salvation, descended into hell, and rose from the dead on the third day.
He ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
At His coming, all men are to arise with their own bodies; and they are to give an account of their own deeds.
Those who have done good deeds will go into eternal life; those who have done evil will go into the everlasting fire.
This is the Catholic faith. Everyone must believe it, firmly and steadfastly; otherwise He cannot be saved.

Amen.

Next, a prayer to the Holy Spirit.

Veni Creator Spiritu

Come, Holy Spirit, Creator blest,
and in our souls take up Thy rest;
come with Thy grace and heavenly aid
to fill the hearts which Thou hast made.
O comforter, to Thee we cry,
O heavenly gift of God Most High,
O fount of life and fire of love,
and sweet anointing from above.

Thou in Thy sevenfold gifts are known;
Thou, finger of God's hand we own;
Thou, promise of the Father, Thou
Who dost the tongue with power imbue.

Kindle our sense from above,
and make our hearts o'erflow with love;
with patience firm and virtue high
the weakness of our flesh supply.

Far from us drive the foe we dread,
and grant us Thy peace instead;
so shall we not, with Thee for guide,
turn from the path of life aside.

Oh, may Thy grace on us bestow
the Father and the Son to know;
and Thee, through endless times confessed,
of both the eternal Spirit blest.

Now to the Father and the Son,
Who rose from death, be glory given,
with Thou, O Holy Comforter,
henceforth by all in earth and heaven. Amen.

Now we start with the "tail" of the chaplet, which focuses on the body. As mentioned above it's longer than a decade, those being made up ten beads, and this being made up of 14 beads. In addition to representing my observance of the relationship between the body and the mind & will in us Aspies, 14 also has other symbolic aspects to it; it's 7 twice, and in Biblical numerology, the number 4 represents the earth, in fact the reason that 7 is a Holy number in the Bible, is that it's 4 plus 3. (3 in the Bible represented in Heaven, even to the Old Covenant Jews, before the revelation of the Holy Trinity.)

First Mystery: The Assumption

Introductory Prayer: O Good Saint Thorlak, Prince of the New and Eternal Israel, the Kingdom of God, lead us, on this ongoing Exodus to the Promised Land, following Our Lady as the Living Ark of the New and Eternal Covenant, till we complete the saga of our lives and shine like the stars in the firmament, to guide others on the way to Eternal Life.

O Good Dear Blessed Mother, pray for us and help us to seek first the Kingdom of Thy Son and His Justice, that we may receive all that we need on our journey, and reap the rewards of Eternal Life in body and soul in the World to Come.

Amen.

Antiphon

The Virgin Mary was taken up to the Heavenly Chamber, where the King of kings sitteth on His Starry Throne.

Act of Hope

O Lord God,
I hope by your grace for the pardon
of all my sins
and after life here to gain eternal happiness
because you have promised it
who are infinitely powerful, faithful, kind,
and merciful.
In this hope I intend to live and die.
Amen.

Our Father
Hail Mary x14
Glory be
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like unto Thine.
O Mary conceived without sin, pray for for us who have recourse to Thee!

O my Jesus… [Catholic First The O My Jesus Prayer]
Saint Thorlak, pray for us!

I conclude with Psalm 121 in the Douay-Rheims version of the Bible, it's numbered differently on other versions of the Bible. I use this Psalm, because Jerusalem represents the Church, Heaven and Our Lady, (It's a long topic, but The Virgin Daughter of Zion in the Old Testament is a foreshadowing of both Our Lady and the Church and in fact Our Lady Herself is also considered an image of the Church because of that.) it's meant to give the one praying this Chaplet, a feeling of both lifting their mind and will up to heaven, being with Our Lady in prayer, and being a member of the People of the Catholic Church in their journey to the Promised Land.

Psalm 121 (DR)

I rejoiced at the things that were said to me: We shall go into the house of the Lord.

Our feet were standing in thy courts, O Jerusalem.

Jerusalem, which is built as a city, which is compact together.

For thither did the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord: the testimony of Israel, to praise the name of the Lord.

Because their seats have sat in judgment, seats upon the house of David.

Pray ye for the things that are for the peace of Jerusalem: and abundance for them that love thee.

Let peace be in thy strength: and abundance in thy towers.

For the sake of my brethren, and of my neighbours, I spoke peace of thee.

Because of the house of the Lord our God, I have sought good things for thee.

I'll continue with the second portion in the next post:

Second Mystery: The Annunciation of Saint Gabriel the Archangel

Introductory Prayer: O Good Saint Thorlak, thou hast not failed to see the gifts and Graces God hast sent into your life, thou hast embraced them and now thou dost enjoy Eternal beatitude in Heaven, help us to keep watch for the Graces God sends to us, that we may be nourished by them enjoy the Eternal Happiness of the Beatific Vision.

Good Dear Blessed Mother, Thou hast believed the Words of God through the message of an angel, Thy Faith has granted us the Hope of Redemption, grant us a Faith like Thine, a Faith that was unshakable even when put to great tests like the disappearance of Thy God in the Temple; help us have a strong Faith that cannot be moved.

From the Angelus:

“Hail, Full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee!”

Act of Faith

O my God, I firmly believe
that you are one God in three divine Persons,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
I believe that your divine Son became man
and died for our sins and that he will come
to judge the living and the dead.
I believe these and all the truths
which the Holy Catholic Church teaches
because you have revealed them
who are eternal truth and wisdom,
who can neither deceive nor be deceived.
In this faith I intend to live and die.
Amen.

Our Father
Hail Mary x10
Glory be
O my Jesus…

Onto two the third part:

Third Mystery: The Annunciation: Our Lady’s Fiat and the Incarnation of God the Son

Introductory Prayer: O Good Saint Thorlak, it is thy Charity that has saved thee and made thee a Saint in Heaven, teach us, as a Successor of the Holy Apostles to Love the Lord our God with our whole hearts, minds, souls, and bodies that we may be saved and enjoy Eternal Life with thee, Our Blessed Mother, and the One True God Himself who is All-Good and worthy of all our Love; and all His Saints and Angels.

Dear Blessed Mother, in Thy Fiat, Thou hast brought forth Redemption for all of us, Thou art truly are Mother, for Thou hast brought forth Eternal Life for us! Help us to Love Thy Son and God and be sons and daughter in Him, that we may enjoy Eternal Union with Thy God and Our God, forever and ever.

From the Angelus:

“Behold, the Handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to your will!’

Act of Charity

O Lord God, I love you above all things
and I love my neighbor for your sake
because you are the highest, infinite and perfect
good, worthy of all my love.
In this love I intend to live and die.
Amen.

Our Father
Hail Mary x10
Glory be

From the Angelus:

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.”

O my Jesus…

Trisagion [See here: Trisagion - Wikipedia.]

Now for the concluding prayers:

Last edited:
Let us pray:

O Lord, hear our prayers through the intentions of Our Blessed Mother and Saint Thorlak, grant us our petitions in accordance with Thy will, send us Your Spirit to guide us, and illuminate us with His fruits, send us Thine Mother to show Herself a Mother to us and be Our Advocate, may She guide us safely to Eternal Life.

Ave Maris Stella

Hail O Star of the ocean,
God’s own Mother, blest,
Ever sinless Virgin,
Gate of Heavenly rest.

Taking that sweet “Ave!”
which from Gabriel came,
Peace confirm within us,
changing Eva’s name.

Break the captives fetters!
Make our darkness day!
Chase all evils from us,
for all blessings pray.

Show Thyself a Mother,
may the Word Divine,
born for us Thine Infant,
hear our prayers through Thine.

Virgin all excelling,
mildest of the mild,
free from guilt preserve us,
meek and undefiled.

Keep our life all spotless,
make our way secure,
till we find in Jesus,
joy for evermore.

Praise to God the Father,
honour to the Son,
in the Holy Spirit,
be the glory One. Amen.

Prayer in Honor of Saint Thorlak
All-Powerful ever-living God,
You made Saint Thorlak bishop and leader of Your people.
May his prayers help us to bring forgiveness and love.
May we be inspired by the example of Saint Thorlak and proclaim what he believed and put his teaching into action.
We ask this in the Name of Jesus Our Lord.

Amen.

So that's my Chaplet of St. Thorlak, feel free to comment on it, I'm particularly curious to see how "Autistic" you find it and if I have the right idea about it.

Thanks.

Here it finally is! The Saint Thorlak medal was much bigger than I thought it was but it didn’t cause any problems. Overall I am very pleased with how it turned out, and am very glad I was able to finish it today :):
D896AC77-6A8B-4E3D-AAF5-6CBC60EA6FA1.jpeg

There’s still a lot of mistakes, grammatical errors and the like in these prayers, I’ll have to correct them when I have time.

I corrected the grammatical errors, but I used the Twitter Font generator to convert the prayers into a Medieval Font, and that doesn't show up on this forum. I'm trying to find a way to convert it back into a normal font to post on here.

Okay, I'm going to try and type out the corrections to my chaplet now:

The Chaplet of Saint Thorlak
The Athanasian Creed

Whoever wishes to be saved must, above all, keep the Catholic faith.
For unless a person keeps this faith whole and entire, he will undoubtedly be lost forever.
This is what the Catholic faith teaches: we worship one God in the Trinity and the Trinity in unity.
Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance.
For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, another of the Holy Spirit.
But the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit have one divinity, equal glory, and coeternal majesty.
What the Father is, the Son is, and the Holy Spirit is.
The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, and the Holy Spirit is uncreated.
The Father is boundless, the Son is boundless, and the Holy Spirit is boundless.
The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal, and the Holy Spirit is eternal.
Nevertheless, there are not three eternal beings, but one eternal being.
So there are not three uncreated beings, nor three boundless beings, but one uncreated being and one boundless being.
Likewise, the Father is omnipotent, the Son is omnipotent, the Holy Spirit is omnipotent.
Yet there are not three omnipotent beings, but one omnipotent being.

Thus the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God.
However, there are not three gods, but one God.
The Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, and the Holy Spirit is Lord.
However, there as not three lords, but one Lord.
For as we are obliged by Christian truth to acknowledge every Person singly to be God and Lord, so too are we forbidden by the Catholic religion to say that there are three Gods or Lords.
The Father was not made, nor created, nor generated by anyone.
The Son is not made, nor created, but begotten by the Father alone.
The Holy Spirit is not made, nor created, nor generated, but proceeds from the Father and the Son.

There is, then, one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three sons; one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.
In this Trinity, there is nothing before or after, nothing greater or less. The entire three Persons are coeternal and coequal with one another.
So that in all things, as is has been said above, the Unity is to be worshipped in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity.
He, therefore, who wishes to be saved, must believe thus about the Trinity.

It is also necessary for eternal salvation that he believes steadfastly in the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thus the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is both God and man.

As God, He was begotten of the substance of the Father before time; as man, He was born in time of the substance of His Mother.
He is perfect God; and He is perfect man, with a rational soul and human flesh.
He is equal to the Father in His divinity, but inferior to the Father in His humanity.
Although He is God and man, He is not two, but one Christ.
And He is one, not because His divinity was changed into flesh, but because His humanity was assumed unto God.
He is one, not by a mingling of substances, but by unity of person.
As a rational soul and flesh are one man: so God and man are one Christ.
He died for our salvation, descended into hell, and rose from the dead on the third day.
He ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
At His coming, all men are to arise with their own bodies; and they are to give an account of their own deeds.
Those who have done good deeds will go into eternal life; those who have done evil will go into the everlasting fire.
This is the Catholic faith. Everyone must believe it, firmly and steadfastly; otherwise He cannot be saved.

Amen.

Veni Creator Spiritu

Come, Holy Spirit, Creator blest,
and in our souls take up Thy rest;
come with Thy grace and heavenly aid
to fill the hearts which Thou hast made.
O comforter, to Thee we cry,
O heavenly gift of God Most High,
O fount of life and fire of love,
and sweet anointing from above.

Thou in Thy sevenfold gifts are known;
Thou, finger of God's hand we own;
Thou, promise of the Father, Thou
Who dost the tongue with power imbue.

Kindle our sense from above,
and make our hearts o'erflow with love;
with patience firm and virtue high
the weakness of our flesh supply.

Far from us drive the foe we dread,
and grant us Thy peace instead;
so shall we not, with Thee for guide,
turn from the path of life aside.

Oh, may Thy grace on us bestow
the Father and the Son to know;
and Thee, through endless times confessed,
of both the eternal Spirit blest.

Now to the Father and the Son,
Who rose from death, be glory given,
with Thou, O Holy Comforter,
henceforth by all in earth and heaven. Amen.

First Mystery: The Assumption

Introductory Prayer: O Good Saint Thorlak, Prince of the New and Eternal Israel, the Kingdom of God, lead us on this ongoing Exodus to the Promised Land, following Our Lady as the Living Ark of the New and Eternal Covenant, till we complete the saga of our lives and shine like the stars in the firmament, to guide others on the way to Eternal Life.

O Good Dear Blessed Mother, pray for us and help us to seek first the Kingdom of Thy Son and His Justice, that we may receive all the we need on our journey, and reap the rewards of Eternal Life in body and soul in the World to Come.

Amen.

The Virgin Mary was taken up to the Heavenly Chamber, where the King of kings sitters on His Starry Throne.

Act of Hope

O Lord God,
I hope by your grace for the pardon
of all my sins
and after life here to gain eternal happiness
because you have promised it
who are infinitely powerful, faithful, kind,
and merciful.
In this hope I intend to live and die.
Amen.

Our Father
Hail Mary x14
Glory be

O my Jesus…

Psalm 121 (DR)

I rejoiced at the things that were said to me: We shall go into the house of the Lord.

Our feet were standing in thy courts, O Jerusalem.

Jerusalem, which is built as a city, which is compact together.

For thither did the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord: the testimony of Israel, to praise the name of the Lord.

Because their seats have sat in judgment, seats upon the house of David.

Pray ye for the things that are for the peace of Jerusalem: and abundance for them that love thee.

Let peace be in thy strength: and abundance in thy towers.

For the sake of my brethren, and of my neighbours, I spoke peace of thee.

Because of the house of the Lord our God, I have sought good things for thee.

Second Mystery: The Annunciation of Saint Gabriel the Archangel

Introductory Prayer: O Good Saint Thorlak, thou has not failed to see the gifts and Graces God hast sent into our life, thou hast embraced them and now thou dost enjoy Eternal Beatitude in Heaven, help is to keep watch for the Graces God sends to us, that we may be nourished by them and enjoy the Eternal Happiness of the Beatific Vision.

Good Dear Blessed Mother, Thou hast believed the Words of God through the message of an angel, Thy Faith has granted us Hope of Redemption, grant is a Faith like Thine, a Faith that was unshakable even when put to great tests like the disappearance of Thy God in the Temple; help us have a strong Faith that cannot be moved.

“Hail, Full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee!”

Act of Faith

O my God, I firmly believe
that you are one God in three divine Persons,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
I believe that your divine Son became man
and died for our sins and that he will come
to judge the living and the dead.
I believe these and all the truths
which the Holy Catholic Church teaches
because you have revealed them
who are eternal truth and wisdom,
who can neither deceive nor be deceived.
In this faith I intend to live and die.
Amen.

Our Father
Hail Mary x10
Glory be
O my Jesus…

Third Mystery: The Annunciation: Our Ladys Fiat and the Incarnation of God the Son

Introductory Prayer: O Good Saint Thorlak, it is thy Charity that has saved thee and made thee a Saint in Heaven, teach us, as a Successor of the Holy Apostles to Love the Lord our God with our whole hearts, minds, souls, and bodies that we may be saved and enjoy Eternal Life with thee, Our Blessed Mother, and the One True God Himself Who is All-Good and worthy of all our Love; as well as all His Saints and Angels.

Dear Blessed Mother, in Thy Fiat, Thou hast brought forth Redemption for all of us, Thou art truly Our Mother, for Thou hast brought forth Eternal Life for us! Help us to Love Thy Son and God and be sons and daughters in Him, that we may enjoy Eternal Union with Thy God and Our God, forever and ever.

“Behold, the Handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to your will!’

Act of Charity

O Lord God, I love you above all things
and I love my neighbor for your sake
because you are the highest, infinite and perfect
good, worthy of all my love.
In this love I intend to live and die.
Amen.

Our Father
Hail Mary x10
Glory be

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.”

O my Jesus…

Trisagion

Let us pray:
O Lord, hear our prayers through the intercessions of Our Blessed Mother and Saint Thorlak, grant us our petitions in accordance with Thy Will, send us Your Spirit to guide us, and illuminate us with His fruits, send us Thine Mother to show Herself a Mother to us and be Our Advocate, may She guide safely to Eternal Life.

Ave Maris Stella

Hail O Star of the ocean,
God’s own Mother, blest,
Ever sinless Virgin,
Gate of Heavenly rest.

Taking that sweet “Ave!”
which from Gabriel came,
Peace confirm within us,
changing Eva’s name.

Break the captives fetters!
Make our darkness day!
Chase all evils from us,
for all blessings pray.

Show Thyself a Mother,
may the Word Divine,
born for us Thine Infant,
hear our prayers through Thine.

Virgin all excelling,
mildest of the mild,
free from guilt preserve us,
meek and undefiled.

Keep our life all spotless,
make our way secure,
till we find in Jesus,
joy for evermore.

Praise to God the Father,
honour to the Son,
in the Holy Spirit,
be the glory One. Amen.

Prayer in Honor of Saint Thorlak

All-Powerful ever-living God,
You made Saint Thorlak bishop and leader of Your people.
May his prayers help us to bring forgiveness and love.
May we be inspired by the example of Saint Thorlak and proclaim what he believed and put his teaching into action.
We ask this in the Name of Jesus Our Lord.

Amen.

Hopefully I've got it right now.

New Threads

Top Bottom