• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My 3D fractal art

I'm buried to my neck studying for some tests, so I know a lot about what parameters do LOL.

Is the piece of software worth it? Seems pretty GPU heavy.

I'm buried to my neck studying for some tests, so I know a lot about what parameters do LOL.

Is the piece of software worth it? Seems pretty GPU heavy.

It's darned good so far.

If you go to either of these:

V2.3 Gallery - XenoDream
XenoDream Guest Gallery 1 - XenoDream renders by guest artists

You can see some examples of what it can do. Needless to say those are all far more complicated than the small things I made.

And I can combine the results of this one with the other programs, of course. Which includes exporting things as meshes... I know the other 3D programs like Mandelbulber can do that too, but I'm unsure as of yet just what to do with the resulting files. Havent gotten that far yet. But I could take the stuff made here and jam them into a scene with a mandelbulb fractal, that sort of thing. Somehow.

As for it being GPU heavy, I have no idea.

ChainSphere2.jpg

Not quite sure what that is but I like how it came out. Learned a lot while making this one.

The one before the last looks insane - has a violent nature.
The last one is beautiful, even hard to describe lol.

Those are my favorites from this batch.

The one before the last looks insane - has a violent nature.
The last one is beautiful, even hard to describe lol.

Those are my favorites from this batch.

Yeah, the 2nd to last one was supposed to be like this monster claw shape, which is almost visible in it, but it just wouldnt QUITE do what I wanted.

For reference the program that made those last 2 looks like this:

Amber.png

Those circular fields and the 3 strands attached to each are what control the shape (well, most of the shape anyway), and like the fractal programs it never *quite* does what you think it's going to do. The "blood claw" (which is what I named that) is made of about 8 of these fields, all of which interact with each other... yeah, definitely tough to manipulate. The last one, which I named "Mandible", is made of 5 of them, one of which is the big negative field on the upper left of that particular image... so that one was a lot easier to do.

I'm getting the hang of it though, slowly.

Tough part of ALL of these things is that outside of Xenodream (in which I found an extremely comprehensive tutorial included with it) there sure aint much in the way of tutorials and such. Makes a bit of a barrier to entry, I think.

At some point I might do like a topic just talking about all these different programs, I have about 9 of them in total currently.

honeycomb1.jpg

Okay so here's one I'm real pleased with.

I learned how to properly combine formulas finally. It turns out that if you read the manual, you can learn stuff! Who knew? Seriously though I'd sorta avoided it up till now because I'd sorta had this idea that it'd be this mass of mathematical gibberish, but no, it really isnt. Granted this is still fractal stuff so it's still confusing, but dagnabit I did it.

This image is taken from very, very deep inside of the object, which means that it took about 5 billion years to render.

Also getting that front section to be red was a total pain.

And I'd tried to make a version of this that was darker but had all these red light marbles in the grooves at various points but that was taking too long and I still havent figured out how to get rid of those stupid red speckles that always show up anyway.

Also learning to use the randomizer (AKA mutagen) and boy is that a trip.

ThePattern.jpg

And this is the result of applying the randomizer to the previous fractal and making some funky tweaks.

This particular fractal is just full of interesting stuff and has a lot of potential for further manipulation. As does the original structure that created the previous image. Glad I actually remembered to save numerous times for once.

View attachment 68526

Okay so here's one I'm real pleased with.

I learned how to properly combine formulas finally. It turns out that if you read the manual, you can learn stuff! Who knew? Seriously though I'd sorta avoided it up till now because I'd sorta had this idea that it'd be this mass of mathematical gibberish, but no, it really isnt. Granted this is still fractal stuff so it's still confusing, but dagnabit I did it.

This image is taken from very, very deep inside of the object, which means that it took about 5 billion years to render.

Also getting that front section to be red was a total pain.

And I'd tried to make a version of this that was darker but had all these red light marbles in the grooves at various points but that was taking too long and I still havent figured out how to get rid of those stupid red speckles that always show up anyway.

Also learning to use the randomizer (AKA mutagen) and boy is that a trip.

This one is really trippy. Looking like a lovecraftian description of the "impossible to describe" shapes and forms on his books.

This one is really trippy. Looking like a lovecraftian description of the "impossible to describe" shapes and forms on his books.

It does kinda have that look, doesnt it?

Just for reference, this is the structure when viewed from outside, with no changes to parameters or the material:

OutsideView.jpg

The location in the first image was found by diving very deep into that flat section on top, sorta near the center. Who knows what other sorts of screwball shapes might be found in there?

TheBladeJ.jpg

I call this one "The Blade".

Another Amberlight creation. The most complex one I've done with that program yet. I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Maybe the next thing to do with it is to make an animation. I've not tried that yet.

GlassDisaster.jpg

Well now THAT is something unique.

Omigod this took FOREVER. Xenodream offers a TON of control but the objects involved are still inherently confusing. The incredibly descriptive manual though helped a LOT.

I had to learn some new concepts here for this one.

7wiXwd4.jpg

rnXWeMP.jpg

svjaOyA.jpg

qsave_2021-07-25_022.png

Extra pleased with that last one. Many things were learned while making it and it went through a great many variations.

New Threads

Top Bottom