• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My 3D fractal art

The purple-dark blue hue is so beautiful IMO, please keep working on that!

Aye, that is pretty nice, isnt it? It's one of those things I dont 100% understand though. Well, you know how fractal software is, I'm sure. A lot of weird experimenting to use it, yeah? Kaleider, which is my most frequently used program, is kinda like that. It's the one that creates kaleidoscopic effects. But like fractal programs, you're probably not going to quite understand what the heck is going on... ya gotta just experiment and tweak and mess with stuff until you get something good and figure things out a bit. As it is, the hue was also created in Kaleider, and.... I'm not 100% sure how. The way it handles that is very strange, just like the rest of the program.

I do think I can replicate it though.

Speaking of bizarre art programs that dont entirely make sense, allow me to introduce Amberlight:

Clash.jpg

DarkFlare.jpg

DarkFlareNext.png

pierced.png

PhoenixNewImage.png

Phoenix20210512042601.jpg

sharp.png

The last 2 both also involved Kaleider, and the very last one then got run through Liquib to produce whatever that bit is in the center. That last one actually started out as the green one.

Amberlight is by far the strangest of the programs so far. Well... okay, no, it's not the strangest, that award goes to Xenodream, but I havent produced anything with that one yet. So it's the second strangest. It is an extremely FOCUSED yet very bizarre thing to use. There's nothing else like it, that's for sure. It is based on a particle system, which it uses to create those wild flowing lines. I genuinely have no clue how to explain how it's used though. It's a bit like using JWildfire or Mandelbulb3D in that it really doesnt make any sense unless you try it for yourself. And even then it still wont quite make sense.

I think anyone that likes making fractal-type images would probably enjoy using it. It's bloody expensive though, costs about $90. And you have to be patient with it. Much like using JWildfire or Mandelbulb you have to wait for some rendering to happen after you make a change. As usual I'm so darned glad I have this monster PC for this stuff.

Last edited:
Those images look awesome indeed. It's a shame I don't have a pc good enough to tinker with fractals at full speed, plus the money for the expensive software. I'm doing college work regarding some specific probability distributions, and it's tempting to try and represent them somehow in this kind of software, generating fractals from their formulas and so on. I'll post if anything good comes out of it.

Those images look awesome indeed. It's a shame I don't have a pc good enough to tinker with fractals at full speed, plus the money for the expensive software. I'm doing college work regarding some specific probability distributions, and it's tempting to try and represent them somehow in this kind of software, generating fractals from their formulas and so on. I'll post if anything good comes out of it.

Actually, now that you mention this, I have an idea for you:

Processing.org

Have a look at this. I found this for the first time just a couple of days ago. This thing is all about creating "generative art". I didnt know what that even was, had never heard the term before. But it's looking like it is the sort of thing that sits nicely alongside the fractal and other abstract stuff, and those who are into things like math of any sort and whatnot would probably find a lot of potential here. Even better for those who are also into coding.

There are a couple of courses over on Skillshare that I'm going to go through related to this, so I'll be trying it myself. Likely with disastrous results.

That sounds awesome, thanks for sharing it. Hope my RX 570 handles this (seemingly) complex software.

I'm familiar to programming, so that may be something I'll look into more deeply.

Alright, something a bit different this time:

TyqUKxO.png

cropped.png

what2.png

1620718210.png

1621060615.png

1621060184.png

Very different creation process for this group. Particularly pleased with the last 2.

The Geometric mandala-ish ones please me too, but I'm still more into it when it's 3D.

This is my all time favourite, generated a few months back and this landscape still amuses me.

Attachments

• bluesky.jpg
    bluesky.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 259
At first l thought your title said 3D Fart Art. You are so creative. You would make a great art teacher.

At first l thought your title said 3D Fart Art. You are so creative. You would make a great art teacher.

Well, if that was the case I'd be contributing way more to the thread. I can say with confidence I'm a very accomplished fart artist, specially after a big egg meal :D

The Geometric mandala-ish ones please me too, but I'm still more into it when it's 3D.

Well, you wanted more 3D, so I shall oblige:

VioletGore.jpg

I have named this one "Violet Gore". I hope I dont have to explain why. Be sure to zoom in. Or dont.

I mean what in the numerous hells did I even just do? Horrid thing even has a bloody hole in the middle. Among other things.

Side note, I didnt use Mandelbulb3D for this. After some frustrations with that program (AKA navigator constantly spazzing out) I figured, let's try Mandelbulber instead. I must say, that one just might be better. For numerous reasons. This was certainly easier to do, that's for sure. Though the machine nearly died rendering that.

I'll experiment more with it tomorrow. Maybe I'll even dive deeper into, uh, whatever that thing is. What a monstrosity.

No, I'd make a very confusing one. "Hey class, so here's this program, I have no idea how it works, but if we poke this stuff, some things will happen. Why will they happen? Heck if I know. Speaking of which, what does this bit do? *hideous visual chaos on screen* Okay, dont do THAT again. Now, how do I change that part over there again? *click* Well, not by doing that. *click again* Well that just made it all stretchy. Uh.... *more clicking* Well now it's a cube, so that's great"

I mean, okay, it's not quite THAT confusing, but.... yeah I only understand like 20% of whatever is happening here. That's sorta par for the course with fractal stuff.

I like violet gore, it has sinister undertones, l am afraid to zoom in.

Reminds me of Freddy Kruger's chest.

TheCore3X.jpg

The foul, pulsating core of the monster thing in the previous pic, is probably what this is. I call it "Deep Heart". (Yeah, I actually do have titles for most of these, at least for any that I upload to DA that is)

This one took absolutely forever. And some definite luck, in not only getting a fractal with the right look, but then diving far into it and just happening to locate a spot where all these spire things are sorta pointing at one spot. And then I had to figure out how lights work. Among other functions I learned.

Final render took like 8 straight minutes.

Well, eight minutes is not that much in terms of render time. Animations take days for rendering, so I think it's fair enough to satisfy the need we have for those weird things.

Now, about the fractal you posted...

That looks like something that belongs to the realm of fractals I'd be looking for when I dive into that world. Purple, gory, outwordly. That is the closest to perfect IMO.

As I posted before, I also enjoy the peaceful blue-green(ish) geometrical landscapes, it's another setting that I see as close to perfect.

Maybe fractal beauty can take many shapes and hues, we just have to find them to know.

That looks like something that belongs to the realm of fractals I'd be looking for when I dive into that world. Purple, gory, outwordly. That is the closest to perfect IMO.

Well, trade secret, it was actually inspired by this:

60621-abadox-the-deadly-inner-war-nes-screenshot-another-biological.png

Abadox, an ancient NES game. You can probably figure out what the overall theme is just from that one image.

I've always loved the whole "internal bio world" type of setting in games and other media, and the visuals/aesthetic that goes with it, so... yeah only a matter of time before I tried doing that. Just, you know, without all the pulsing bits (the game as a whole is very animated). I dont think I can get fractals to do that. Probably.

Similarly, the one with the red orb is just an extension of that idea. Any game/whatever using that theme will always have some sort of deep, hard to get to area where the core or "heart" of the monster waits, and the protagonist must get there and destroy it and then get the heck out (because of course planet-sized monsters always violently explode about 60 seconds afterwards, it just stands to reason).

And so the orb thing is basically my version of this:

99450-life-force-nes-screenshot-the-final-boss.gif

Despite the tech-y surroundings, the theme of this game (Life Force) is basically the same as Abadox (and Abadox has some weird tech sections just buried in the monster too). That giant thing serves as the monster's heart, and it *always* comes to mind whenever I think of this sort of theme. Big part of my childhood, that game, I tell ya.

So yeah, that's the inspiration behind those things.

MetalTangle.jpg

Click for full view, it's a huge image and there is a ton of detail.

Learned soooooooooooo much on this one. And this program is way better than the one I was using before. So much easier to understand what exactly I'm poking at. Knew how to alter the spheres, knew how to change those wire things, and all sorts of aspects related to the shape.

And then metal texture and reflections, and the green lunacy in the background is just one of my previous creations.

So yeah, there's whatever that is.

Ye gods that took utterly forever to do.

Loved the metallic matrix setup.
View attachment 67696

Click for full view, it's a huge image and there is a ton of detail.

Learned soooooooooooo much on this one. And this program is way better than the one I was using before. So much easier to understand what exactly I'm poking at. Knew how to alter the spheres, knew how to change those wire things, and all sorts of aspects related to the shape.

And then metal texture and reflections, and the green lunacy in the background is just one of my previous creations.

So yeah, there's whatever that is.

Ye gods that took utterly forever to do.

Purple, gory, outwordly. That is the closest to perfect IMO.

I remembered this statement at random for no apparent reason, and decided to have another go at this very concept. I took "Violet Gore" and merged it with a second type of fractal, made some alterations, and...

Allow me to present you with the worst abomination I've made so far:

clown.jpg

I just call it "clown". Okay it doesnt look like a clown but that's the first thing that came to mind, so... "clown". I keep imagining that "mouth" opening.

I'm convinced I cant make something more awful than whatever that is.

Also the "eyes" get progressively worse as you get closer to them:

eye.jpg

This is all really deep inside the overall structure (it's not the outside surface, which is mostly featureless and a bit lumpy) so the rendering gets really, really, REALLY slow here. That first image is the first one to hit the 30 minute render mark.

The material that these fractals are made of... I can keep using that. It really does create a bizarre organic otherworldly look, doesnt it?

Loved it. Those look like nightmares I used to have as a kid. Wasn't really pleasant, but it is a good way to reconnect to weird ass memories.

Keep doing it please.

Loved it. Those look like nightmares I used to have as a kid. Wasn't really pleasant, but it is a good way to reconnect to weird ass memories.

Keep doing it please.

I actually do have one more.

meat.jpg

I'd love to know why I keep getting awful faces out of this. It's literally made of freaking math.

I have no idea what to call this one, either.

And that's it for today's submissions. Needless to say though, I'm gonna see where else I can take this concept. "eldritch meat shapes" has got to be a whole new brand of fractal image. OF COURSE I have to take it further. Though the chances of getting an actual *face* shape again is surely low. ....right?

The next submissions will probably be more along the lines of more normal fractals, insofar as a fractal can be called "normal". I mean, ALL fractals are freaking weird when you really get down to it.

Dart.jpg

Cracked.jpg

New type this time. I used a program called Xenodream to make these... I'd been waiting to pick this up, would have done it last month but I didnt want to overload my debit card. This is a very expensive piece of software. Cost about $120. After diving deep, I see why.

I'd call this one "fractal-ish". Unlike the fractal programs I've used before, this one doesnt just create ONE object with a lot of parameter types smushed together. Rather, this creates MANY objects, as many as you want, and each can be comprised of two parameter types. The objects are called "holons", whatever that means. Each can be colored differently and shaped differently and whatnot. Like in the usual fractal programs though, the objects are all made of confusing math, so it's not like using Blender or something. Getting the things to look how you want is a very exploratory process. This program is good at producing extremely surreal weirdness.

The first image is made of 6 seperate objects (most of which involve two parameter types squashed together), and the second is made of the rather obvious 5, only one of which is a dual type (the middle one).

I learned a TON of things in the creation of these first two images.

Downside: This takes very dramatically longer to make something with.

Upside: It FREAKING EXPLAINS ITSELF. Wanna know EXACTLY what a parameter does? It'll freaking tell you. None of the others do that.

That's enough for one night though. This took like 3 hours to make the first one, and then a bit over an hour to make the 2nd. The actual rendering takes very little time... it's the designing that eats up all that time.

New Threads

Top Bottom