• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music Lessons - Middle Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but ice time is killer.

Wow, that is a lot of money. We were lucky as the entire working class town built their own arena and a golf course right after the first world war, my Grandfather played hockey there. They also took care of the rinks on the river.

And, ice time for hockey practice was never something that was charged to local teams as it was built by and for the community. It was only during tournaments that it happened. We payed twenty five cents for 'free skate' for full winter access in those years.

Where I live now, it's the same. Free access at the arena, open every afternoon for three hours to locals unless there is a hockey game. And the large outdoor rinks are free. In Quebec hockey and skating is essential. I've seen pick-up hockey games in -20 at outside rinks, and it's sometimes even colder and they still play. We often drive by to check so we can call penalties from the sidelines to annoy the players. High-sticking is my favourite call:D

Somehow I think it's supposed to make up for the deadly cold climate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom