• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Multiple job offers?

ThisAdamGuy

I hate my job. I've been going to a lot of interviews lately to find a new one. There are two I think I have a really good shot at getting. They'd both be an improvement to what I do now, but one pays better and has better sounding work, so naturally I want that one. But the hiring date for that job is mid-March, while the other job I don't want as badly is early March.

Assuming I get an offer from the not-as-good job, how can I put off accepting in case I get an offer from the better job, without straight up refusing in case I don't get an offer for the better job at all?

I hate my job. I've been going to a lot of interviews lately to find a new one. There are two I think I have a really good shot at getting. They'd both be an improvement to what I do now, but one pays better and has better sounding work, so naturally I want that one. But the hiring date for that job is mid-March, while the other job I don't want as badly is early March.

Assuming I get an offer from the not-as-good job, how can I put off accepting in case I get an offer from the better job, without straight up refusing in case I don't get an offer for the better job at all?

I wouldn’t spend a great deal of time worrying about it.

You’re probably going to have to work your notice.

Just supposing you’re required to give a months notice before leaving your current employer,

That will take you into March before you could start a new job anyway.
(Whichever job you’re offered)

Lets call the early march "Job 1" and the other "Job 2".

If Job 1 calls or emails with an offer, you can call/email Job 2 and say "I've received an offer for another position. I wanted to call and let you know and ask if you were preparing to make my an offer. I wanted to give you an opportunity to do so, before I accept this one."

If you have no way to contact Job 2, just accept Job 1.

You can also reverse this, if you never heard from Job 1 but do get an offer from Job 2. Contact them an ask the same question the same way.

Contrarily, if you hate your current job, the either is better than where you are, just take the offer that comes first, give your 2 weeks notice, and move on.

I wouldn’t spend a great deal of time worrying about it.

You’re probably going to have to work your notice.

Just supposing you’re required to give a months notice before leaving your current employer,

That will take you into March before you could start a new job anyway.
(Whichever job you’re offered)

I'm not going to put in my two week notice until one of those places has guaranteed to give me a job. But once I accept one, I can't change my mind and go work somewhere else before I've even started that job.

Multiple job offers for an autistic? What a concept!!

New Threads

Top Bottom