• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Moving To The Next Version of XenForo

Brent

Administrator
Hi everyone,

In order to continue to provide the best experience possible on the site, we will be moving to the next version of XenForo, our forum software.

This will result in a new look but also a lot of new features. I just wanted to give you a heads up that change is coming and will happen within the next few weeks.

While the site will look different, your experience should remain mostly unchanged. All the functionality you see now will still exist.

Oooh, exciting! Introducing changes to a group of people on the spectrum! I foresee no future anxiety whatsoever ;)

But in all seriousness, excited to see how it will turn out and what new features we will get. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the 'heads up' Brent, looking forward to the new features.

Thanks for telling us ahead of time Brent. I foresee a certain amount of fruitless dabbing at my screen as I misread the new features...

Hope all goes well. I think you can count on a large majority of us in that we'll let you know of any Bugs and the like that'll crop up, as these things can and will happen when things get updates; it's basically inevitable.

Do you happen to know what kinds of changes and new features, if any, we can expect to see over the next few weeks?

Last edited:
Changes are a part of life in general.

Some are good, while others are bad, but my point is that any change that improves the functionality or security of the forum is a good thing.

No doubt there may be bugs to look into and a different look to some of it, be we as a community will roll with it and make the necessary adjustments as needed.

We should continue to trust Brent's judgement, because after all, he is the one that has to keep us up and running.

In this era, most software changes (sans Windows 10) are not only good, but essential. Forget functionality or GUI concerns. It's a focus on security issues that counts the most.

In using various online bulletin board systems over the years, this particular product in comparison seems to be the least problematic of all of them. IMO, be thankful our host chose this particular product to begin with.

Last edited:
Say, whatever happened to this? Did it fall through somehow or are the changes more subtle than initially expected?

I can't wait to see the results of this!!!!

The thread's from last year (March 2020), so either the so-called changes are more subtle than expected or nothing ever did change, as nothing jumps out to me as being new and shiny.

New Threads

Top Bottom