• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Moving to autism only town

Kayla55

Crazy day out of many, another disappointment at work, sick of shallow people and trying to fit in.

Sometimes want to run away to a safe place where everything will be fine. A dream of being happy, feeling as I fit in N relate to others. Leaving coffee shop and feeling at home with way people just are. Finding my dream job....

Definitely. Especially to get in touch with your passions and interests, uninhibited. This is like the source of life.

My son never really has melt downs with me. We have these quite moments....
He has never being aggressive with me.

When others are around he is forever yelling.

Poetry....recite. of course a Montessori School rates this as n.b.

After speech words I decided to play a game of mime clowns....now we stop if you don't want to and you don't have to but I insist he at least hear out what I have to say....he was ok with mime and copy expressions

So I had being reading with expression which I never do, he yelled stop.
So I explained reading with expression was a learnt skill and that I hardly use it but it is something I can do!
He cried, I stopped.

Next speech practice session I said I wish the world was different, that I was worried that he would ace the system or have skill enough to manage. I'm sorry I said

I wish I never did that, but there isn't a town to move too. He can read with expression now.... This is having your soul broken in

I feel like this too sometimes, a big wish of living somewhere i fit and comfortable with others etc.

Sometimes I think I'd like to live in an autism only town. But the better part of me thinks that if something like that really did exist, it would probably be far worse than the most maddeningly restrictive retirement communities you hear horror stories about. The kind of communities where rule-monsters reign supreme to the point that it becomes a community of total conformity and subjugation to a continually expanding list of rules and regulations.

The closest to an intentional autism community one is realistically and reasonably going to get are the forum platforms on the internet.

Consider that most social discord doesn't stem from one's neurotype but from 10,000 other factors. And intentionally communities while seemingly good in theory have a tendency toward fostering extreme views...simply because of the deliberate exclusion of tempering populations...diversity exists for a reason and plays a vital role in the continued health and functionality of any given population.

Human flaws don't cease to exist simply because someone shares a neurotype. What happens the first time someone challenges the theoretical status quo?

Sometimes I think I'd like to live in an autism only town. But the better part of me thinks that if something like that really did exist, it would probably be far worse than the most maddeningly restrictive retirement communities you hear horror stories about. The kind of communities where rule-monsters reign supreme to the point that it becomes a community of total conformity and subjugation to a continually expanding list of rules and regulations.
Maybe, do you think aspies can self govern themselves, would not we have best people around to help in the event of a melt down?
I like to go for walks in nature, I got a canoe and it's real treat, escape.....
I've being thinking of traveling up africa lately, Mom said I'm out of my mind and malaria and this n that. I've done lot of research about living off the grid...not sure if I have enough saved but maybe first trip is exploration and after that plans.
Do you also think of this one?

The closest to an intentional autism community one is realistically and reasonably going to get are the forum platforms on the internet.

Consider that most social discord doesn't stem from one's neurotype but from 10,000 other factors. And intentionally communities while seemingly good in theory have a tendency toward fostering extreme views...simply because of the deliberate exclusion of tempering populations...diversity exists for a reason and plays a vital role in the continued health and functionality of any given population.

Human flaws don't cease to exist simply because someone shares a neurotype. What happens the first time someone challenges the theoretical status quo?
True in a way, still be nice to try go there and get Tshirt and say I'm, yes/no
I suppose as we get older we tend to have more friends of varied ages, we learn from but also give learning.
It's being long time since I've gone back to society, just if I was maybe try connect with more aspies here, I struggle with normal female friends and then guys just complicate the friendship, so just so many issues that I left behind

Maybe, do you think aspies can self govern themselves, would not we have best people around to help in the event of a melt down?
I like to go for walks in nature, I got a canoe and it's real treat, escape.....
I've being thinking of traveling up africa lately, Mom said I'm out of my mind and malaria and this n that. I've done lot of research about living off the grid...not sure if I have enough saved but maybe first trip is exploration and after that plans.
Do you also think of this one?

I think autistic people who more or less shared the same viewpoints, beliefs, etc and were tolerant of others who shared different viewpoints would get along well. However, there are autistic people who can be extremely rigid in their viewpoints, beliefs, etc. For example, I don't think any autistics who were hard core proponents of Greta Thunberg and her level of environmentalism would live harmoniously with autistics who were hard core Trump supporters. and vice versa. Autistics who are hard core religious would like have issues living with autistics who were Atheists. Autistics who were anti-drug use would have issues living with autistics who choose to use drugs and vice versa. Point being: Even though autistic people share autism as a common life experience, that doesn't mean they wouldn't have the same challenges in getting along with people who might be very different than they are in lifestyles.

I think autistic people who more or less shared the same viewpoints, beliefs, etc and were tolerant of others who shared different viewpoints would get along well. However, there are autistic people who can be extremely rigid in their viewpoints, beliefs, etc. For example, I don't think any autistics who were hard core proponents of Greta Thunberg and her level of environmentalism would live harmoniously with autistics who were hard core Trump supporters. and vice versa. Autistics who are hard core religious would like have issues living with autistics who were Atheists. Autistics who were anti-drug use would have issues living with autistics who choose to use drugs and vice versa. Point being: Even though autistic people share autism as a common life experience, that doesn't mean they wouldn't have the same challenges in getting along with people who might be very different than they are in lifestyles.

So you are saying autistic can get too 'passionate' and rigid about their beliefs, to the point of not being able to live in a community together.

So you are saying autistic can get too 'passionate' and rigid about their beliefs, to the point of not being able to live in a community together.

Not all autistics. There can be incompatible autistic people just like there can be incompatible NT people. The premise of this thread is that people who simply share the same kind of neurotype, because of that commonality and that commonality alone, would live harmoniously together.

I don't ascribe to that premise.

I accept this Magna, I think you are correct some do have social hamper.

But not everyone...I am interested in friends and their interests. I'm also keen on a good conversation. Provided I'm not on research mode I'm a good listener...

People can differ based on background too....and it's also about influence. We can come to a stand still and by speaking g to others in different country and sharing our experience the creative levels pick up again.

I do enjoy the company of artists and schitsophrenics however I find I'm more lateral but from open minded background tend to be tolerant of others. Most of my female friends were misfits I suppose I just felt they were genuine.

I agree, absolutely. Suppose from time to time comes across in online discussions
Absolutely,

Being a pc programmer I'm always rating use of sites and thinking of what tools would be useful.

I find it difficult as lookup person created comment and see what info they share, let's say ilike what someone has to say...I want to find more threads by that person. I think lot of what is shared gets lost in timeline,
Then similar topic comes up from before, it's difficult to link to previous thread, even require what I said then.
This is also what I noted about thread with stats on autism to autism discussions and how we relate.

feel like a brick in a wall, was hoping to meet people who wanted to feel as though we enforce positive changes, lead in our own direction and create a sense of justice in a world where seems either have to be rich or famous for others to listen.

Not sure if aspies feeling to just be own own mission or to share, join and create a gang of us here who discuss and tackle what we think could also be solutions to lives out there.

I receive opinions, advice no one seems to want to start a chat and say ok so these are all findings, let's create YouTube channel and get our research or ideas out there

New Threads

Top Bottom