• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies you can watch repeatedly and never grow old.

Matilda
I love this movie. I can so easily relate to her parents and her school principle!

I love Matilda! I never get tired of it. I love that Danny Devito plays a bad-tempered low life in the movie but also uses the most loving and tender voice to narrate the movie.

Two of my favorite tidbits:

1) Mara Wilson played played Matilda. During filming, her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Danny Devito and Rhea Perlman went above and beyond to take care of Mara Wilson during that time and made the movie set a safe place for her. Here's a link to one article about it.

2) In the movie, Ms. Honey talks about her "Liccy" doll. If you turn on subtitles you'll see it says "Liccy Dahl", the name of Roald Dahl's wife, Felicity "Liccy" Dahl. Liccy Dahl is credited as a producer on Matilda.

I love Matilda! I never get tired of it. I love that Danny Devito plays a bad-tempered low life in the movie but also uses the most loving and tender voice to narrate the movie.

Two of my favorite tidbits:

1) Mara Wilson played played Matilda. During filming, her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Danny Devito and Rhea Perlman went above and beyond to take care of Mara Wilson during that time and made the movie set a safe place for her. Here's a link to one article about it.

2) In the movie, Ms. Honey talks about her "Liccy" doll. If you turn on subtitles you'll see it says "Liccy Dahl", the name of Roald Dahl's wife, Felicity "Liccy" Dahl. Liccy Dahl is credited as a producer on Matilda.
Wow! Thanks for that info! Very enlightening and heart warming!

MV5BNjIzNDQ4MDc5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzI3MDM3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I hardly ever watch a movie twice making an exception on Sunday Son wants to watch Oppenheimer with me
bonding moment as he knows of my interest in physics which he sort of shares. Looking forward to discussing thorium reactors with him We both share the same education, same college even some of the same teachers. He is NT made manager in first job interview. Runs company that's the difference between non-Aspie and Aspie We are both in coating application industry, me organic him non-organic.

The Shining ...if anything, just because of the many theories of what Kubrick crammed into and all of the psychological tricks he supposedly pulled on we the audience.

This really turned out to be a five-star movie, IMO. I found it to be utterly brilliant.

Princess Bride, ET, original Star Wars, Wizard of Oz, Time Bandits, Bill and Ted I,II, & III, Weekend at Bernie's I & II, Airplane I & II
I'm sure I missed one or two.

Napoleon Dynamite
The Neverending Story
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Cinderella
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Sword in the Stone
I think I would like to add the following to this list:

The Princess Bride
The Labyrinth
Muppet Treasure Island
Brave
The Secret of Kells
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Pin Up Girl
Heidi (Shirley Temple)
The Little Princess (Shirley Temple)
Ferris Buehler's Day Off
Back to the Future
The Karate Kid

The Shining ...if anything, just because of the many theories of what Kubrick crammed into and all of the psychological tricks he supposedly pulled on we the audience.
I agree, I have also watched the Shining more times than I know. It's funny to me that Stephen King hates this film version because I think it is one of the better film adaptations from his books, and also accurately portrays isolation and resulting madness and possession.

Have you watched the documentary Room 237? The many theories that fans have come up with are fascinating although I'm not sure I buy most of them. Still fun to watch. Room 237 - Wikipedia.

I have seen Room 237, yes. It's pretty wild. Some of the theories are a definite stretch, but I would never put it past Kubrick to have pulled it off, if he seriously, purposely did all of those things.

New Threads

Top Bottom