• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies or tv shows that put you in a good mood

You know, I just watch the same shows over and over. I have Hulu and around 2 or 3 p.m. I turn the tv on and put it on Frasier, repeating episodes after episodes. Then around 6 or 7 I change it to Last Man Standing, repeating episode after episode (of course watching the new episodes as they come out). On weekends I tend to watch episodes from my complete collection of Everyone Loves Raymond instead of Frasier. Frasier is just not a weekend show. Though, I would watch Andy Griffith Show on weekends if I could find it.
I'm familiar with other shows, because when I go upstairs to eat, or visiting one of my kids I will watch what they are watching. I actually might even enjoy some of them (like I did like Dexter when I went to my daughters), but would not continue it once I got home. I might ask my daughter what was happening on Dexter, but wouldn't watch it myself. I think it's just more of a comfort thing. I can't just sit down and watch anything.

Doctor Who
Star Trek (any flavour)
The Good Life (UK 70s sitcom)
Starship Troopers
Blazing Saddles

Recently I've watched some Mr. Show skits. It's from the 90s but so progressive. I love Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul that's how I discovered the amazing talent of Bob Odenkirk. BrBa is tough sometimes and a lot of action is happening, might be even overwhelming a little bit althought I loved watching it and felt really empty when finished. Probably gonna rewatch if I get some free time. That would be my 3rd time.

I wont say "good mood" , but the last shows I watched were the daredevil and the punisher, I love the dark atmosphere of big cities and this series revole a lot around the idea of justice and this is one of the few thing I care about so I watched them.

Daredevil season 1 and 2 and the punisher blew my mind and I binge watched them, daredevil season 3 not so much ( still good).

Television:
Big bang theory
Star Trek reruns
Nature documentaries

Movies:
Casablanca
City Lights
Bon Cop Bad Cop
Guardians of the Galaxy
Highway 61
M Hulot's Holiday
The Maltese Falcon
My Man Godfrey
Office Space
Red and Red 2,
Secrets & Lies
The Thin Man series

Last edited:
TV:

Fawlty Towers (John Cleese was offered a Peerage apparently)
Hi De Hi
Neighbours (cos I fancy half the women)
The Bill
Top of the Pops 1980's (I know they had to skip a lot of episodes because of various ex-presenters)

Movies:

All 8 current Star Wars movies despite the negative reaction to Disney.
Enter the Dragon (Bruce Lee's last movie before he died)
Look Who's Talking (cute funny baby)

I always used to like Kenan and Kel, the 90's comedy on Nickelodeon.

To an extent I copied Kenan's catchphrase "Whyyy?!" and still use it now.

The LoveLive! School Idol Project anime series and the movie.
Start doing the thing you really want to do. Start!

The LoveLive! Sunshine!! anime series and soon the movie too.
Follow your dream. Realise your dream.

The Squid Girl anime series.
Summer, sunshine, the beach, friends, bad squid puns.

The K-on!! anime series.
Good friends are everything, make good memories with them. :)

The original Disney's Beauty and the Beast, from 1991, the Belle character is gorgeous and hot.

Yeah OK I know it's a bit sad fancying Disney cartoon characters at my age, but I don't "get any" so what do I do?

It's probably strange, but now that I think of it, it's probably X-Files. I like how Fox has a purpose in life and is so motivated, self-driven, although he is alone and living in lies. I also watched a lot of Malcolm in the middle, Two and a half men (with Sheen) in the past, but the fun is just too superficial, although I like it. Also, I've probably watched them over and over again, and only X-Files keeps me still interested.

It's probably strange, but now that I think of it, it's probably X-Files. I like how Fox has a purpose in life and is so motivated, self-driven, although he is alone and living in lies. I also watched a lot of Malcolm in the middle, Two and a half men (with Sheen) in the past, but the fun is just too superficial, although I like it. Also, I've probably watched them over and over again, and only X-Files keeps me still interested.

Oh yeah, I used to finish work at 8 PM on a Thursday night back when I worked up at the Netto, and come home to watch X-Files, best thing about it was the music IMO.

Watching the series "Ride With Norman Reedus". :cool:

With the first episode of the third season where Norman pairs up with Jeffrey Dean Morgan in London, visit the infamous Tower of London and they go off west into the English countryside stopping at pubs and farms with a good time had by all.

Then they head off to the Cotswolds to meet up with Jethro Tull band member Ian Anderson, who maintains an estate there. Only to be served by Ian's butler and son-in-law, some guy named Andrew Lincoln...who for whatever reason looked a tad familiar. :p

Always a great show if you're into travel programming. For whatever reason this show puts me in a good mood, kind of like watching stuff like Bruce Brown's "The Endless Summer". :)

AMC Sets Premiere Date for Ride With Norman Reedus Season 3

Last edited:
Anything with Jeff Dunham in it puts me in a good mood. I have a couple of his DVDs, and they're hilarious!

l love the old movies, like to watch Bad Bosses, l like Kevin Spacy, Robert Dinero, The Coen brothers movies, Martin Scorsese movies, Film Noir movies, Sci-fi, American Hustle.......

New Threads

Top Bottom