• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies about people on the spectrum

Apparently Rain Man, starring Dustin Hoffman, released way back in the mid 80s was about an Autistic man.

The movie "Adam" is good, as is "Mozart and The Whale."
There is "Temple Grandin" the excellent, enjoyable biopic of her life, starring Claire Danes.
"Snow Cake," if you can find it, really resonates with me, as others have told me I seem like the main autistic character, "Linda." I admit she does seem like me. ;)
"Rain Man" is my favorite, because we see such character development that his brother, "Charlie," learns to look deeper over the course of spending time with the autistic main character, and learns to recognize Raymond's personhood, treating him with both warmth and respect.

One of my all time favorite movies, Alien Abduction, is found footage recorded by a teen boy named Riley who's autistic. For some reason I just love to beginning part of the movie where they're driving on a road in the deep wilderness.

1988 Rain man?
In absence of a clearly defined movie in memory which focuses on autism or an autistic character will recommend a TV show that is.

Atypical

1988 Rain man?
Yeah that's one of the movies that made me get wrong stereotypes about autism like its always someone who cannot take care of themselves so i never thought i had something similar, just in a lighter form.

Stereotypes are always black and white there's nothing in between, when in real life everything is actually in between its never an absolutely good or bad.

New Threads

Top Bottom