• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movie genre poll!

Movie genres?

• Drama

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Comedy

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Action

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Sci-fi/Fantasy

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Historical

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Documentary

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Horror/suspense

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Family-oriented/children’s entertainment

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Superhero

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
I used to only watch fantasy and family films but my partner introduced me to good fils i enjoyed from other genres.

I love watching action movies and sci-fi. I love the matrix it’s such a good series. It’s cool to see how they would film the movie back in the early 2000s.

I like SciFi, but recently dislike seeing implausable garbage creeping in, like the Transformers franchise. The last two great ones I saw were Interstellar and Arrival. I remember seeing Forbidden Planet when I was 6 and I was hooked. Only later that I realized that it was a retelling of Shakespears, The Tempest.

Documentaries, most comedy is too juvenile. science fiction too much fiction not enough science. Action, too much violence, must admit I have watched every James Bond film ever made in the theatre.

Documentaries and family films, mostly, but I don’t watch movies often.

Ironically, most comedies don’t make me laugh, and I don’t like anything with violence or harming animals.

Horror movies usually trigger me unless they are about ghosts or something. Suspense and psychological horror are terrifying for me and will mess with me for weeks.

I don’t know why but I’ve never been super interested in sci-fi, fantasy, or superhero movies, but I will watch fantasy movies if my friends are watching them with me. I have seen every single Harry Potter film even though I’m not a Harry Potter fan.

I usually avoid movies rated anything above PG-13 unless they’re just rated that for language or a sex scene.

I’m very picky about movies (and TV shows) which is why I don’t watch a lot of them and I usually prefer Youtube.
It’s not that I necessarily dislike movies, the problem is that a lot of them scare me. In case it wasn’t obvious, I’m a bit overly sensitive lol

Documentaries and family films, mostly, but I don’t watch movies often.

Ironically, most comedies don’t make me laugh, and I don’t like anything with violence or harming animals.

Horror movies usually trigger me unless they are about ghosts or something. Suspense and psychological horror are terrifying for me and will mess with me for weeks.

I don’t know why but I’ve never been super interested in sci-fi, fantasy, or superhero movies, but I will watch fantasy movies if my friends are watching them with me. I have seen every single Harry Potter film even though I’m not a Harry Potter fan.

I usually avoid movies rated anything above PG-13 unless they’re just rated that for language or a sex scene.

I’m very picky about movies (and TV shows) which is why I don’t watch a lot of them and I usually prefer Youtube.
It’s not that I necessarily dislike movies, the problem is that a lot of them scare me. In case it wasn’t obvious, I’m a bit overly sensitive lol
Wow that makes a lot of sense.. I'm pretty similar cuz everytime I see one of them violent action scenes, I completely zone out! Hate seeing animals or people harmed too. It's best in action movies when people run out of the way so they don't get hurt. And same with comedies, some can just be straight up boring, unoriginal, and typical.

I like almost all of them, but I must split hairs on a few of them.
I like comedy, action &/or mystery genres
just by themselves,​
together or​
mixed with the elements of other genres below.​
I do not like most of the others by themselves, though.
  • romance (not mentioned above),
  • sci-fi, but it is boring (I'm talking to you, A.I.) without the the above genres included; science fantasy is close enough. (Most magic-based fantasy is just too deus-ex-machina for me.)
  • drama,
  • historical,
  • suspense, yes (Deceived, 1991), but not horror/gore; I can't unsee that (and it gives me short-term PTSD),
  • superhero (it is just the action genre with a flashier/more colorful protagonist).
Documentaries, being non-fiction, scratch a different itch.
As for family films, I tend toward PG-13, but will watch G-rated story
if it is well-written (*cough* Toy Story *cough*).

Last edited:
Going to watch Oppenheimer this afternoon, down my alley. Cannot believe it's a blockbuster. Possibly a sleeper last time I saw a sleeper was alien, years ago.

ok? for real?
While animation is NOT a Genre, yes! I enjoy Animated movies...

and I also enjoy Superhero Movies, Sci Fi movies....

I can stand some horror such as post apocalypse horror, Sci fi horror, Stranger Things, Zombie movies, Kaiju Horror.....god damn, the best horror movie I ever watched was "Venom 2: let there be Carnage". which was the BEST HORROR MOVIE I WILL EVER SEE!

and I do also like comedies.

Top Bottom