• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

More white space please

grommet

I do not know if there is a right place to post this but I find it very difficult to read long posts that are not broken up by white space. I try and create paragraphs every few sentences. It really helps m.

I see post that I want to read but I see a large block of text and I just can't.

So would people be okay with adding more white space or breaks in their writing?

Thank you

An unbroken block of text is almost
impossible for me to read.

When I see a vast block of unbroken
text I think, this can't be the result
of careful thinking.

Layout/positioning of text matters.

tbh, I rarely, if ever, read the long unbroken wall of text posts. Too difficult to try and assimilate all that information at once.

And too many people just brain dump and run, never to reply or respond again if you did take the time to digest it and comment.

I'll usually wait to see if they are going to invest anything into the community, at least participating, before I will invest time and mental energy in them.

I say this after at least 4 years of regularly providing feedback to other aspies here and on other sites previous. You got to pace yourself or risk burn out.

tbh, I rarely, if ever, read the long unbroken wall of text posts. Too difficult to try and assimilate all that information at once.

And too many people just brain dump and run, never to reply or respond again if you did take the time to digest it and comment.

I'll usually wait to see if they are going to invest anything into the community, at least participating, before I will invest time and mental energy in them.

I say this after at least 4 years of regularly providing feedback to other aspies here and on other sites previous. You got to pace yourself or risk burn out.

I think this is very important information for me. I had not considered things this way. Thank you.

I try to break up my posts into paragraphs. I'm not very good at writing. I have a hard time keeping track of what I'm reading and understanding. When I'm just staring at a block of text on my iPad screen.

I find highlighting text to be quite useful. I find I read better when text is on that light blue background, I don't know if that's just my brain or if that's the viewing angle and distance between me and my monitor because it's not so great.

I do not know if there is a right place to post this but I find it very difficult to read long posts that are not broken up by white space. I try and create paragraphs every few sentences. It really helps m.

I see post that I want to read but I see a large block of text and I just can't.

So would people be okay with adding more white space or breaks in their writing?

Thank you

I have never thought of this but I will try to do this on future posts here.

Also on others (non aspie forums) I am a member of. :)

Most people are this way which is why news articles are written with a fair amount of whitespace. I hate reading long blocks of text.

New Threads

Top Bottom