• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ministry Of Magic To Prosecute David Copperfield?

One thing for sure, this case highlights a fundamental reason to avoid the use of allegedly random subjects from any audience. Entertainment personalities and their shows constitute being "target risks".

Those who are especially vulnerable to litigation whether warranted or not. A class of business that the insurer I once worked for made a point of rejecting for any sort of coverage on general principle. Celebrities being simply "too hot to handle". Which these days constitute risks suitable for mostly just specialty markets for insurers like Lloyds of London.

But then the company I worked for already had quite a colorful history in the past of being burned by names of those most of you would instantly recognize.

Copperfield returns to stand in British man injury lawsuit

It kind of sounds like the hot coffee McDonalds stupidity that awarded a lady millions in what I see as wrongly awarded... Coffee is HOT, and that's pretty simple to figure out unless a person is corrupt and seeking a fast way to big bucks... Not sure that is what this is... but it can be and thats just a part of what has everything so screwed up in our world today. Jus sayin, but probably shouldn't... : )
The McDonald's coffee lawsuit was not quite as frivolous as it's made out to be:
The Actual Facts About - The Mcdonalds' Coffee Case

TL;DR: Stella Liebeck (aged 79) was not driving when she attempted to open her coffee cup; she suffered third-degree burns over 6% of her body and was hospitalised for eight days; there had been 700 prior cases of customers severely scalded by McDonald's coffee.

Where would you like to 'poof' off to @Chance ?
If you're like me, it would be out of this world!
Need a Dr. Who Tardis or a flying cardboard box...
View attachment 43644

Live happily never after in a place where we were judged according to the depth of our thoughts, and loved according to the true character within us... This place may not exist but in Magic... Nothing is impossible at least in the sense of imagination. : )

Sadly I'm supposed to be doing financial reports, agenda for Board meeting, holiday report,, and some other stuff but I started work at 5:07am and I just got home at about 9:30pm... This has been going on for weeks now and I need... Happily Never After real bad right now. : ) I just had my shower, its too late for dinner, I'm gonna be asleep in probably 10 minutes, so I thought I would spend it where I am happy.

If I stop to think about my real life right now, I will probably fall off into some nasty depression and I don't even have time for that, so I just move forward through the fog KNOWING my time will come... When it does no one will have to ask me twice. I will be POOF GONE just like a magic trick. : )

No monetary damages were awarded to the plaintiff over his injuries.

Jury: David Copperfield not liable for tourist's injuries

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I volunteered and fell or whatever... It would seem that would be on me, not some magician who probably had nothing to do with it in the first place. I think this is a good thing, now the guy (plaintiff) needs to pay for all the court cost and stuff like that to help slow this stupidity down... Just my thoughts and they aren't worth much. : )

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I volunteered and fell or whatever... It would seem that would be on me, not some magician who probably had nothing to do with it in the first place. I think this is a good thing, now the guy (plaintiff) needs to pay for all the court cost and stuff like that to help slow this stupidity down... Just my thoughts and they aren't worth much. : )

Agreed.

"Deep pockets syndrome". Unfortunately there are a number of civil jurors out there who wouldn't bat an eye at holding someone legally accountable on a simple premise- that they are insured and can afford to pay for it. Regardless of whether they are truly liable for whatever loss takes place.

I'm inclined to think that Copperfield got lucky with this particular jury in Las Vegas. A legal jurisdiction where a very different outcome might have been equally possible. But on occasion they do indeed get it right.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom