• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Microsoft To End Unsupported Computers Running Windows 11

Judge

V.I.P Member
An upcoming Windows 11 update not yet released- 24H2.

Apparently it will kill any modifications made to the registry regarding older computers circumventing basic Microsoft requirements pertaining to CPU generation, Secure Boot and TPM2.0. And it will run perpetually, not just on boot-up. Effectively crashing your Windows 11 unless you have already legitimately met Microsoft's eligibility requirements. No more bypassing those initial hardware requirements.

Not surprising...though they sure took their time about it giving so many false hope of running an older computer with Windows 11.

Last edited:
Boooo. I think I posted it elsewhere, but yeah, I have no choice but to quit using my old, trusty Final Draft 6 screenwriting software. New windows systems won't budge even trying to open it for use. Boooooooooo.

Boooo. I think I posted it elsewhere, but yeah, I have no choice but to quit using my old, trusty Final Draft 6 screenwriting software.
Sadly that seems one of those old Windows apps that has yet to work in Linux using Wine.

Then again, there are alternatives in Linux....

Last edited:
Story Architect is a good one I've heard of.

Also, 11 sucks. I tried to do some accessibility updates with my ma's laptop (which runs 11), and apparently you can't increase the icon size of the task bar without messing around with the registry. My ma doesn't have the greatest eyesight, and it's ridiculous that you have to risk breaking the computer just to make a minor change like that. Yeah, 11 sucks.

Microsoft reminds me of bad boyfriends, always dumping the steady for something flashy and faster. Lol

Last edited:
And I thought this link was to get free iPhone

Gosh I remember days when you had to have Linux to have decent net tools, superseded
Once java and object orientation were breakthroughs
Superseded

I'm sure find pathway....maybe just remove bios for half hour (joke)

This is why people switch to Linux. You can put it on some really OLD hardware, and generally you are less likely to get viruses. Microsoft has apparently decided to force everybody to buy brand new hardware, despite the fact that a new Win11 laptop costs about the entirety of my SSDI check ($1132), and I have fewer bills than the average person.

I don't understand (as usual when it comes to computer things.) I had to use Microsoft windows 11 because of my work accessing the state computer systems.

I think the current CPU I am running came with Windows 11, but I don't even know how to find out.

Is this anything I have to worry about? Please?

This is why people switch to Linux. You can put it on some really OLD hardware, and generally you are less likely to get viruses. Microsoft has apparently decided to force everybody to buy brand new hardware, despite the fact that a new Win11 laptop costs about the entirety of my SSDI check ($1132), and I have fewer bills than the average person.
Dude first rule is anything on computer or put on internet is no longer yours, it's royalty and patent free (under consumer rights and St Elmo's pizza bombing) even your cell phone must be registered.
Using java (write once run anywhere) I know just how complex formatting was and OpenOffice still has flew glitches but it's free so you not owning cracked software.
Few years ago most of servers ran Apache and that was cause it doesn't crash the same way. Seems the PC industry isn't as fast paced as seem, because lot outdated stuff and trend only sets in once it's Microsoft, but being alt. We had being doing it for years.
My alteimers is buffering me up so I don't keep up as much, anymore. I like my tablet because it uses so little internet and downloads...also get new provider bundles with tons gigs for fractional price. So unless trying to download unity and programming these PC are going to be redundant soon...people are on new wave and Android is taking over .....so have you being keeping up with Android apps

Touch screen portals run restaurants and take aways like MC Donald
It's easy to create bigger tablet portals and install Pilate or catering software...
It would be cheaper, faster, better
So android could really start to monoploside the market, if want to extend
Companies really want to save big on costs so the market is just for taking

I don't understand (as usual when it comes to computer things.) I had to use Microsoft windows 11 because of my work accessing the state computer systems.

I think the current CPU I am running came with Windows 11, but I don't even know how to find out.

It's like buying company and firing all staff....
PC wars

If you already have win 11 there's nothing to worry about, just do your job.

If you are presently running Windows 11 and did none of these hacks in Windows 10 to upgrade your operating system, you have nothing to worry about. This is about those persons using much older computers presently using Windows 10. That they could (and did) implement registry hacks that would "trick" their computer into believing it could successfully update their operating system to Windows 11.

Up to now such hacks would work, which made a certain amount of people happy as they didn't have to worry about replacing their computer. I never bothered and went straight to Linux, as I suspected this day would come. When Microsoft would put a stop to it all, forcing those of us with perfectly good computers having to replace them, as a result of this upcoming mandatory update which will come later in the year.

Once this 24H2 update is loaded, if your Windows 11 had such upgrade hacks applied, it will no longer boot again. This upgrade will also coincide with news that Windows 12 will not be released at any time in 2024.

Last edited:
All l can say is MS stock is very healthy, because cash is king, and those updates increased MS bottom line, and as a shareholder, we have made money, however Linux is the way to go.

All l can say is MS stock is very healthy, because cash is king, and those updates increased MS bottom line, and as a shareholder, we have made money, however Linux is the way to go.

Just stay on top of one critical news item pertinent to Microsoft shareholders.

To monitor how the EU Courts proceed against Microsoft over antitrust investigations over multiple issues that could easily impact stock prices. Especially in the event (inevitable IMO) when the courts lean on Microsoft over allegations of antitrust practices involving a perceived monopoly of Artificial Intelligence.

It was speculation over AI that made their stock go through the roof. And what goes up, can easily go down or sideways. Microsoft has quite the track record in dominating and attempting to crush their competitors no matter how good- or bad their own products and services may be. It never seems to end, despite all the pounding they take from the European Union Court. An issue I knew well as an Apple shareholder. My be$t stock.

I can't say whether our own courts will ever truly catch up with Microsoft. However the EU is much more likely to do so given their track record, and hellbent on distributing Microsoft's wealth to Europe, and not simply in equity to their shareholders.

The scary part I see is that Microsoft will pour most of its efforts into AI rather than their continually mediocre personal computer operating systems. And with so many users- and gamers who don't feel they can transition to a competitor operating system like Linux, Mac or Chrome.

What bothers me further is that AI will be yet another catalyst for Microsoft to again force everyone into buying a newer computer with hardware that can make the most out of such technology. And that with something new they'll do it all over again. As if we all were flush with cash to fill their coffers. Shareholders will love it, but consumers will curse it for good reason.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom