• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mental Illness

Thea

Hey guys,

I've started a blog about my experiences with mental illness. If you're interested in reading it go to: Living with Mental Illness

I'm writing it to help myself but also in the hopes it will help someone else even in the smallest of ways.

Thank you for sharing Thea, good reading. I especially liked the part about missing the obvious in which you used the example of your drums. I do the exact same thing. All too often it seems. I have things that I will lay out on purpose just so I wont forget them. Days later I will suddenly see it as if someone has just put it there for me to find. I am always surprised that It evaded me right under my nose.
Good luck and I hope today is a good day.

Hey guys,

I've started a blog about my experiences with mental illness. If you're interested in reading it go to: Living with Mental Illness

I'm writing it to help myself but also in the hopes it will help someone else even in the smallest of ways.
Hi, this explains why i am always thinking about snacks and food ( filling the void)... I've felt depression a lot where I'm disappointed when i awaken as the dream was more of a "Life" than real life. Good luck with your blog, interesting to read about oversleeping too.

Honestly I'm glad you found something you could relate to. All to often I read blogs and I don't. Thank you for your feedback.

There's a new post up but I wouldn't recommend reading it if you're not having the best day. I am having a black dog day today.

Thanks for sharing your blog with us. I finished reading your first post and going to continue to read the rest.

Finished reading all your post. You write very well and shared good information. Looking forward to your next post.

Upcoming in the next couple of days but I have an assignment and 2 tests today.

Another new one up today. Hope you guys still like reading it. If you want me to talk about anything in particular let me know.

Not to make light of the tweezer incident, but that reminded me so much of when I get a briar or something in my foot and I giggled. You really can't leave something that annoying in there! And there've been a few times I've made a bloody mess of my leg too. A sewing needle and tweezer is what I prefer since sewing needles have a finer point. Although I have no idea where my tweezers have gone so now I'm chopsticking two needles together... Not that effective or easy, I assure you.

Hey guys,

Thank you for sharing Thea, I particularly related to the blogs on Depression and Anxiety, having suffered with severe depression and social anxiety disorder for many years.
Thank you and well done.

New Threads

Top Bottom