• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Memory problems after awakening?

GrownupGirl

Tempermental Artist
Is is strange to have problems remembering simple things right after waking up? Today I slept in very late, had some rather uncomfortable dreams, and when I woke up I tried to call my parents on my phone but had trouble remembering their number and even the area code even though I've dialed it only a million times. I felt dizzy, drugged up and and disoriented but it got better after a while. I've been finding it harder to sleep at night this summer and I've been oversleeping a lot more often lately. I don't know why, except that I just love the night in summer and hate the daytime because it's too hot or bright out. I feel more awake and alert at night.

i dont think its abnormal im often a bit vacant in the morning and my mind starts finding my memory again as it starting up
and if ive slept again for an hour or 2 ie interrupted my sleep cycle i find im more mentally tired as the day goes.

Nothing unusual. I have woken up unsure of which year/period of my life I was in. 'Do I live in South Carolina? Or is this when I live in Iceland?' that sort of thing.

I feel like that sometimes. Are you on any medication? I was trialled on something late last year and it was horrible, like thinking through sludge every morning.

Everyday is like that after sleeping.
I enjoy being up at night.
I also have strange dreams before waking and memory problems
for a while after waking. I don't like talking as soon as I wake up and I'm more depressed in the
mornings. It seems to take a while to be fully awake.
I never used to take naps, but, now I can't seem to sleep more than five hours until I wake up
and want to have breakfast. Then I try to get an extra hour or two in the afternoon.

I have brain fog in the morning, especially if I am woken from REM sleep. Coffee is essential.

New Threads

Top Bottom