• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meet ups

TopherPwn

Hey hope your day is well. I was talking earlier and was informed some professional's still lack asd knowledge. I struggle with relationships, but I was considering an asd Meetup. Does anyone think it's a good idea. Has anyone had a lot of negative experiences. I'm just wondering if they're a big difference between asd and non asd? Just wondering if it's people like me. Can I learn to trust again. Hope your week is well and thanks for your time.

There is a big difference between ASD meetups and meetups with NT's. You'll find usually that people with ASD are actually more accepting (most of the time)They are also usually quieter. NT meetups can be good too, but sometimes you'll run into people very opinionated and stuck in their ways(the same can be said with ASD meetups too though). They both are in a non-confrontational setting if there are good leaders, so I think both could be a good option for you. I'm glad you are reconsidering! Good luck!

Last edited:
I never went to ASD meetups, but I once went to a meetup for women that would like to learn more about coding. It was a lot of fun.

I went to a meet up for horse riders once as I was riding a lot back then. Was a fun day, met a lot of nice women and one girl I think her name was Rani gave me some of her homemade cookies and they were delicious :) .
I always wanted to go for another meet up but stopped riding shortly after.

In my city there is a support group for adults with autism. It's not part of "Meetup," it was just sponsored by the local autism society. I asked my daughter to go to it with me, and we went a couple of times. I found it was not a great place for me to meet people as I am older than most. But my daughter did find it a good place for her, and she has gone regularly and has a couple of good friendships that developed out of it. So I suggest you google adult autism support group and the name of your city, and see what comes up. Then go a couple of times and see how you feel about it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom