• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Medications for anxiety/ADHD/depression/executive function issues?

I got 100mg tablets of Gabapentin 3 times a day. I guess the only thing that I can try to attempt to be able to work is take all 300mg of GAbapentin and my one .5mg tablet of klonopin just before attempting to work.

I hate how these things go. When I went to this place the choice was psych ward or intensive outpatient therapy with 9 hours a week of group therapy. And the person I talked to seemed to be highly in favor of psych hospital, possibly against my wishes

I just needed medication.

My overwhelming issue is anxiety so out of control that I cannot function due to being completely overwhelmed by a bunch of real world problems for the last 1.5 years. So why give such mild anxiety medication doses? And why in the world think that someone with ASD with very severe anxiety and moderately severe ADHD is going to benefit from sitting in a room talking to other people for 9 hours a week?

Honestly, it’s a lot less torturous than I expected because both the group therapy leader and the nurse practioner are really good, and group therapy leader let’s me pace the hallway or wait in another room if all the sitting still becomes too overwhelming, but it’s just not what I need. I need medication, especially heavy anxiety medication to get through a really difficult spot and that’s about it

How long do you have to wait before you can talk to someone about raising the dose? Is it a monthly visit? Let me know how it goes with taking 300mg. Since you have no tolerance yet, maybe it will help. A couple days a week, I take less or none to prevent tolerance.

New Threads

Top Bottom