• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Maybe some good news

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Okay... Still doing the temporary work thing, but have been at a small warehouse for four weeks now... A small two or three person operation for Italian food

The manager has told me outright twice now that he likes my work and that I'm doing an amazing job, and warehousing is an industry I want to get into... This particular one is quite small, and not as hectic a bigger outfit would be, which is more my pace

Today he told me that the warehouse is taking a two week Christmas break - starting Monday, and would like me to come back in January when it opens again... I'm mostly an order picker at this point, I still feel like I'm making a few too many mistakes (on my end), but then I'm notably hard on myself...

I've had this feeling before recently, but this might be the right job to get hired on directly after the temporary contract gets enough hours to do that, crossing my fingers... Since in the last three months all I've been getting is - literally - day labour and mostly in construction as general labour, not something I really want to get into...

Here's hoping...

And just heard from the temp agency, I have work for four days this week coming up... And have vacation pay I can claim... Probably take the following week off to relax... Haven't had proper vacation days for over a year, so I think I deserve it!

Since he has asked you to come back he must be pleased with what you are doing. Well done!

About making mistakes... My last job - the one I retired from - was the one I loved the most. However, for the entire eight years there, I constantly felt like I was on the edge of being fired. I never really felt my work was fast enough or good enough. But, somehow I was never fired.

On my last day, the day of retirement, as I was shaking my bosses hand and saying my goodbyes. I apologized for being so slow and for all the mistakes I made. He looked baffled at me and said, "are you kidding? You was the best employee I ever had." I was floored and speechless. I couldn't believe my ears. I had to try hiding my tears.

So, don't second guess your "mistakes". I find that my perception of my work is not always the same as others. Your mistakes may not be as important to your boss as it seems. It seems to me that diligence to do a good job is often the most valued. Maybe that is what got your invite back in January.

Echoing others; Well Done!

About making mistakes... My last job - the one I retired from - was the one I loved the most. However, for the entire eight years there, I constantly felt like I was on the edge of being fired. I never really felt my work was fast enough or good enough. But, somehow I was never fired.

On my last day, the day of retirement, as I was shaking my bosses hand and saying my goodbyes. I apologized for being so slow and for all the mistakes I made. He looked baffled at me and said, "are you kidding? You was the best employee I ever had." I was floored and speechless. I couldn't believe my ears. I had to try hiding my tears.

So, don't second guess your "mistakes". I find that my perception of my work is not always the same as others. Your mistakes may not be as important to your boss as it seems. It seems to me that diligence to do a good job is often the most valued. Maybe that is what got your invite back in January.

Echoing others; Well Done!

I definitely struggle with a fear of failure, enough said on that... :rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom