• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Marry someone like you

I can see the point of the article. I don't think it's so much as marrying someone who is "the same" as you [God forbid if I married someone who was just like me, we'd drive each other nuts], but you do need some level of similarity and compatibility. It's a lot easier to be with someone if you share similar interests. A lot about being in a relationship is being able to communicate, and it's easier to communicate if there's a good level of understanding. That's where having a similar educational background, as mentioned in the article, can help.

I don't know about looks being a factor, though. I had a relationship with someone prior to my current relationship and we broke up for reasons entirely unrelated to appearances. I don't think appearances even figured in why we broke up.

My answer is it depends. Personally, I rather marry someone with a calm matterism and preferable someone older than me.

No seriously though, it depends on the relationship and the compatibility of the two people involved. If the compatibility is horrible from the start, than don't try to fix it and try to make it work. Y'all are only doomed for trouble. A 'healthy relationship' is a 'long lasting relationship'. Enjoy life y'all.

I think what's more so the case is that you dont have to be matched in looks, most interests or most details.
But you do have to match in values and morals and the basic lifestyle.

I don't believe in opposites attract, but it seems like they can because some details that seem striking don't matter in the long run, relationship wise.

New Threads

Top Bottom