• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mapping things out in my head...

7. Be yourself
That’s why I stay in trouble. I’m not loud and mean, and hurtful... I don’t get into other peoples lives and start tellling them how to live and then start fighting with them over it... That is real world on how my family operates.

So I don’t fit in with what surrounds me. I never have since day one. Its like a pack of wolves ready to eat the black sheep.

Sometimes I was this black sheep was a ninja... : ) or even a magician would be fine.

That’s why I stay in trouble. I’m not loud and mean, and hurtful... I don’t get into other peoples lives and start tellling them how to live and then start fighting with them over it... That is real world on how my family operates.

So I don’t fit in with what surrounds me. I never have since day one. Its like a pack of wolves ready to eat the black sheep.

Sometimes I was this black sheep was a ninja... : ) or even a magician would be fine.

If you sort out your long time problem youll eventually find 7. Be yourself isnt a problem.

Its the other folks,as rodney dangerfield said 'they dont give me no respect'

You're making plans (for nigel) it will take time.

You live in the same city as your family? At least, most of your family? :eek: (I remembered you traveled for Thanksgiving) The horror!

I read this short story a while ago, and I always remember it when interacting with my family of origin (very specially, with my mom):

There was a monk that saw a snake that was drowning. He tried to help it with his bare hands, but the snake tried to bit him.

So the monk went looking for a long stick to help the snake. The snake got on the stick, and the monk saved it.

When the monk told the story to a friend, he asked him, ‘why did you help the snake, if it tried to bit you?’ and the monk answered: ‘a snake will always be a snake, it will always want to bite. And I will always be a monk, I will always want to help’.

Stop helping people with your bare hands @Chance , use a big, very long stick, called ‘distance’.

yep, a man with a plan is always better prepared

life isn't fake, but getting into relationships for the wrong reasons is a recipe for disaster, i would think that you can be happier alone than by entering into relations where you need to fake it for the relationship to remain, accepting that puts you in a better place when meeting people, applies to people, work

if you can accept your 'core' you can more confidently make decisions and be happy

i know it's hard to believe, but there are people who will accept you for who you are, when i met my wife for the first time, i had decided that she would be my last attempt to meet someone, but i got lucky

i've lost my job, but have realised how bad it was for me, and now haven't felt better in a long time, i'm actually kind of looking forward to starting over

these good people are out there if you can accept that it may take a while to find them and that there are a lot of not so good people out there

very few things in life are final and can't be changed and improved to make you happier

if you can accept the consequences of your choices, you can be happy:
- you can move away
- you can take a step back i work (if needed) too find something more in your comfort zone
- you can demand respect for who you are and dump people that are bad for you and find a few people that do get you
- there are things that you can do, and it feels better when you feel well enough to be able to take control

i have had to accept that i will have to work under my capacity, that i don't need to feel bad about not needing people, i have had to accept that to be married to an NT, i have to compromise and explain to gain understanding

ignoring the above has put me in a yearlong burnout, only now am i starting to see the light every so often

ride it out, believe in yourself and your right to be in control of your life and your right to be happy, you'll get there :)

It is unfortunate, Chance, but sometimes the only course of action that is best for ourselves is to make a break from everything we have known before.

I have had to do it. I'm in the middle of doing a minor one at present.

Just writing this just in case you have doubts.

You live in the same city as your family? At least, most of your family? :eek: (I remembered you traveled for Thanksgiving) The horror!

Yes, most of the mean ones are miserably close, AND for a miserable reason... some are also on texas Gulf coast. My moms family are all in Canada, and yes my Aunt is in Colorado.

I only came back to take care of what my grandparents left my cousin, and myself when they passed away...
I was struggling in the city and at first it was a great relief, but my family made sure that was very short lived. Yeah wow, my Grandparents (who had a massive duty in my raising-as did my Aunt). They cut everyone else out, and left it all to the 2 "retards"... I don't think I ever felt REAL HATE until my family found out my grandparents did this.

There were people writing checks out of my grandparents bank account before they were in the ground. They were taking vehicles, farm equipment, furniture, you name it. It was a feeding frenzy of out right theft of money and property. It was the sickest display of how horrible humans can react when they feel cheated.

It's still a hell on earth, and also a massive responsibility. I take care of the land, keep it leased, and productive, and also work a massively tough full time job, that already has me driving a lot. Now I'm facing some very hard decisions on what I have to do, and how I can take care of all this from 1400 miles away.

I can do this, but I have to set up a lot of stuff, and be prepared to come back when there are problems. I also have some big hurdles with my inheritance and a failing marriage (whole different nightmare)...

NOW you know why I fall apart so hard. I have to be more than I can be about 90% of the time. I crash and burn because I literally run myself into the ground, not even counting how much the ASD knocks me back, where other people have extra energy.

So yes, I have a lot on my plate to lose, and also people who try and take it by force. However my grandparents were smart. They tied it ALL up in a Trust with 2 owners of which neither can sell out, unless we both agree to do so... Sounds easy, it's not, unless we want to get shot, not a joke.

Its not a mega empire or anything like that, but my grandparents built this business as young people in the middle of the depression... So I have a deep respect for how hard they had to work to even buy all the land and stuff in very hard times. I have to say I am grateful for what they left me (us), BUT I have people around me sabotaging and manipulating everything possible because of the disgust in what my grandparents did, and who they showed they really loved... That's cool, unless you have to live a day in my shoes. Then, not so much.

My aunt just couldn't stand the drama, fighting, and back biting anymore. She and my cousin moved away from this garbage to Colorado. She re-married, and married a worse monster than my uncle is... who is basically a solid obstacle for me every minute of everyday. He used too basically take care of me a lot. When my grandparents passed, he hated them and us for their decision and he is not even an heir. He's only my uncle by marriage, my blood aunts ex-husband but my cousins dad. My also cousin drives back and fourth a couple times a month, or at least once a month, but that's because I am here. What about when both of us are not here? wow... My pivotal stumbling block.

Its honestly not near the gift my grandparents thought it would be, because of all the angst it created. I learned so much from this experience... One, NEVER single people out when I die. Two, NEVER verbally leave my real negative opinions of people in my will and testament. It was awful, but my grandparents stayed quiet until after they were gone... My grandparents had some tough things they wanted some people to know DEEPLY... However, it didn't fix them, it made them worse. My dad (who has never really cared for me) was one of those people... Not good.

I could probably make a good movie out of this nightmare. : )

I read this short story a while ago, and I always remember it when interacting with my family of origin (very specially, with my mom):

There was a monk that saw a snake that was drowning. He tried to help it with his bare hands, but the snake tried to bit him.

So the monk went looking for a long stick to help the snake. The snake got on the stick, and the monk saved it.

When the monk told the story to a friend, he asked him, ‘why did you help the snake, if it tried to bit you?’ and the monk answered: ‘a snake will always be a snake, it will always want to bite. And I will always be a monk, I will always want to help’.

Stop helping people with your bare hands @Chance , use a big, very long stick, called ‘distance’.

I like this so much...

Yes, most of the mean ones are miserably close, AND for a miserable reason... some are also on texas Gulf coast. My moms family are all in Canada, and yes my Aunt is in Colorado.

I only came back to take care of what my grandparents left my cousin, and myself when they passed away...
I was struggling in the city and at first it was a great relief, but my family made sure that was very short lived. Yeah wow, my Grandparents (who had a massive duty in my raising-as did my Aunt). They cut everyone else out, and left it all to the 2 "retards"... I don't think I ever felt REAL HATE until my family found out my grandparents did this.

There were people writing checks out of my grandparents bank account before they were in the ground. They were taking vehicles, farm equipment, furniture, you name it. It was a feeding frenzy of out right theft of money and property. It was the sickest display of how horrible humans can react when they feel cheated.

It's still a hell on earth, and also a massive responsibility. I take care of the land, keep it leased, and productive, and also work a massively tough full time job, that already has me driving a lot. Now I'm facing some very hard decisions on what I have to do, and how I can take care of all this from 1400 miles away.

I can do this, but I have to set up a lot of stuff, and be prepared to come back when there are problems. I also have some big hurdles with my inheritance and a failing marriage (whole different nightmare)...

NOW you know why I fall apart so hard. I have to be more than I can be about 90% of the time. I crash and burn because I literally run myself into the ground, not even counting how much the ASD knocks me back, where other people have extra energy.

So yes, I have a lot on my plate to lose, and also people who try and take it by force. However my grandparents were smart. They tied it ALL up in a Trust with 2 owners of which neither can sell out, unless we both agree to do so... Sounds easy, it's not, unless we want to get shot, not a joke.

Its not a mega empire or anything like that, but my grandparents built this business as young people in the middle of the depression... So I have a deep respect for how hard they had to work to even buy all the land and stuff in very hard times. I have to say I am grateful for what they left me (us), BUT I have people around me sabotaging and manipulating everything possible because of the disgust in what my grandparents did, and who they showed they really loved... That's cool, unless you have to live a day in my shoes. Then, not so much.

My aunt just couldn't stand the drama, fighting, and back biting anymore. She and my cousin moved away from this garbage to Colorado. She re-married, and married a worse monster than my uncle is... who is basically a solid obstacle for me every minute of everyday. He used too basically take care of me a lot. When my grandparents passed, he hated them and us for their decision and he is not even an heir. He's only my uncle by marriage, my blood aunts ex-husband but my cousins dad. My also cousin drives back and fourth a couple times a month, or at least once a month, but that's because I am here. What about when both of us are not here? wow... My pivotal stumbling block.

Its honestly not near the gift my grandparents thought it would be, because of all the angst it created. I learned so much from this experience... One, NEVER single people out when I die. Two, NEVER verbally leave my real negative opinions of people in my will and testament. It was awful, but my grandparents stayed quiet until after they were gone... My grandparents had some tough things they wanted some people to know DEEPLY... However, it didn't fix them, it made them worse. My dad (who has never really cared for me) was one of those people... Not good.

I could probably make a good movie out of this nightmare. : )
:eek: That’s worse than I thought!

Sorry about what you have been through…if you check korean drama, or tvb drama, they actually made a lot of tv shows based on family fighting for heritage stuff…

I found myself have a lot desire and expectation from others, and expect people in return something, emotionally or materially, especially people are close to me. And I got upset when they didn’t meet my expectation. I sometimes read Tao-Te Ching,I found Taoism helps me out in real life problem, and I got inner peace while reading and thinking of it.

Wish you all the best.

It really can be your gut. Look up the effect probiotics have on mood! I believe you are right. We have doused ourselves with so much crap, the damage is extreme.

I found my mom has similar genetic duplications I do. Onlyl she is not effected! So, it seems to be an envirnmental issue----like the two times they injected me with stuff......

You can't avoid it and if you do, nuclear war.

I don't have much hope for the human race.

The ONLY thing to do is
1. find someting every day to make you grateful. To make you smile. To make you laugh.

2. Do as much good as you can to your friends and family that you love and animals you care about .

3. Don't be another toxin!!! ( You are not)

It really can be your gut. Look up the effect probiotics have on mood! I believe you are right. We have doused ourselves with so much crap, the damage is extreme.

I found my mom has similar genetic duplications I do. Onlyl she is not effected! So, it seems to be an envirnmental issue----like the two times they injected me with stuff......

You can't avoid it and if you do, nuclear war.

I don't have much hope for the human race.

The ONLY thing to do is
1. find someting every day to make you grateful. To make you smile. To make you laugh.

2. Do as much good as you can to your friends and family that you love and animals you care about .

3. Don't be another toxin!!! ( You are not)

Nuclear war reminded me a movie: Offret.

New Threads

Top Bottom