• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Love and how to express it

Hi all! I'm a new member reading this thread with much interest and am hoping you all will also help me.
I am an NT female who's had a close internet relationship with a guy who lives abroad and whom I suspect has Asperger's. I have told him I love him and he has said he loves me too. But I feel insecure if he truly feels this way and don't want to put pressure on him to reciprocate my feelings. He sent me a song called "Cradled in Love" by Poets of the Fall. Can any of you guys with Aspergers help me understand what his message is in sending me this song?

Hi all! I'm a new member reading this thread with much interest and am hoping you all will also help me.
I am an NT female who's had a close internet relationship with a guy who lives abroad and whom I suspect has Asperger's. I have told him I love him and he has said he loves me too. But I feel insecure if he truly feels this way and don't want to put pressure on him to reciprocate my feelings. He sent me a song called "Cradled in Love" by Poets of the Fall. Can any of you guys with Aspergers help me understand what his message is in sending me this song?

Hi there - Your situation sounds very similar to mine. All I can say is what worked for me was not to pressure him and he'll open up way faster that way. My guy usually sends me messages through songs too...looks like it might be easier for him to express his feelings that way.

I listened to "Cradled in Love" and I found this interpretation of the song:

She stormed in his heart, he closed the door behind. She broke the silence, disturbed his oblivious serenity, breathed life into his empty shell, carelessly stirred up his memories, books, bed sheets, played with every sacred corner of his soul. Then just like that, she left him, he let her go. After her there is as always, only silence and carnival of rust.

---------------

I'm not sure if that helps any. This song is very complex, so I can understand why you're wondering why he shared it with you. But I'm sure it's all positive. I wouldn't read into it too much. He might have just liked the song with no hidden meaning.

Thank you Songbird for your response. I think though that you may have been confusing 2 songs by POTF- Cradled in Love has none of the references mentioned in the interpretation you posted: I think that interpretation was for another POTF song called Carnival of Rust. I did google the meaning of the song Cradled in Love which I had not done before and found that somewhat helpful but wondered what a guy with Asperger's would think about the message in sending the song to a close female friend.

New Threads

Top Bottom