• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Losing it All!

GhostWriter

Let's try this again- last time my whole autobiography went to Signature!! Very frustrating at 67 yes old, in Crisis & with Aspergers!!
So okay, I'm 67 & a childless married woman who just might be losing it ALL!
After 43 yes of marriage, my husband almost left me last night. The stress associated with his knee replacement surgery & dealing with a bullying sister in law has tipped me over the edge.
I am the oldest of 3 children whose father had his own issues, mainly an alcoholic father who became an overbearing perfectionist when he married after returning from WWII, & a big personal disappointment in the jod area. Mom was consequently very passive, but having been raised in an orphanage she didn't have much knowledge about mothering. We kids always felt like poor immigrant Outsiders, lower Slobobians compared to our more affluent neighborhood peers. I was the oldest, so I guess I got the brunt of.it all... I was very insecure & shy & felt like the Oddball, with no friends, etc. I clearly recall several instances throughout childhood that probably made other kids think I was weird, someone to stay away from. I can understand that now, but then it was just very hurtful. Examples being: sending valentines cards to fellow 4th graders with critical comments inside, art school friends who held a 'Confrontation/ Intervention' session with me in an attempt to straighten me out & various 'inappropriate reactions' on my part throughout my past. But in most of those instances I had no idea I had done or said anything wrong. Regardless, I was accused of being Rude, self centered & uncaring.
So here I am, signed up with AspiesCentral after being Astonished by the symptoms mentioned in diagnostic articles on the subject that really matched my OWN behavior!!
My husband & all but 1 sister are skeptical so far. I really need some support after 1 serious attempt to OD... I'd be thankful for any insights you'd like to share...

Welcome

I'm sorry to read you've had to struggle so. I hope you're at least able to find some comfort from finding answers. I'll provided a few links below, which you may want to consider.

Resources (for books, web links, etc.):
Autism & Asperger's Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Books/ web links relating to the symptoms of Asperger's for females on the spectrum (as woman can typically display differing symptoms):
Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Day 62: Females with Asperger’s Syndrome (Non-Official) Checklist | Everyday Asperger's

Aspienwomen: Adult Women with Asperger Syndrome. Moving towards a female profile of Asperger Syndrome | Tania Marshall

Relationship advice for those on the spectrum: Different Together Community For Partners of People Affected by Asperger Syndrome

Unoffical diagnostic tests: Online Tests | Life on the Spectrum

Hope those are helpful for you.

Welcome

I'm sorry to read you've had to struggle so. I hope you're at least able to find some comfort from finding answers. I'll provided a few links below, which you may want to consider.

Books/ web links relating to the symptoms of Asperger's for females on the spectrum (as woman can typically display differing symptoms):

Day 62: Females with Asperger’s Syndrome (Non-Official) Checklist | Everyday Asperger's

Aspienwomen: Adult Women with Asperger Syndrome. Moving towards a female profile of Asperger Syndrome | Tania Marshall

Relationship advice for those on the spectrum: Different Together Community For Partners of People Affected by Asperger Syndrome

Welcome

Thanks a bunch! I'll check them out?!

Welcome aboard :)
Hopefully you can adjust and get some help/counseling/diagnosis and some better relations with your relations. This site is a wonderful helpful community to be apart of.
Best wishes

Rocco! I finally found you again!! Along with all my other problems, I am having a hard time navigating the AC site with all the Forums, Blogs, etc. I am a strictly email person, Facebook is too complicated & 'chatty' for me- at 67.
Biggest concern right now is having a nervous breakdown at least partially caused by the (very) possible Aspergers. Any help keeping it straight would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

Biggest concern right now is having a nervous breakdown at least partially caused by the (very) possible Aspergers. Any help keeping it straight would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

Well, I'm 53 and heading for a meltdown right now. I intend to keep busy doing dishes and sorting out my paperwork. Hopefully, I'll be able to calm myself down if I don't let all the thoughts, fears and anxieties get bottlenecked in my brain. There's too much to process, and I have no control over most of it. So, there's no point sitting and spinning. I just have to do the best I can to keep my mind off of it. I can't find a way out unless I calm down.

I don't know what is causing your breakdown, but maybe keeping your mind off the problem for a while will help?

Rocco! I finally found you again!! Along with all my other problems, I am having a hard time navigating the AC site with all the Forums, Blogs, etc. I am a strictly email person, Facebook is too complicated & 'chatty' for me- at 67.
Thanks!
Send me a message any time. To message, click on a persons name or avatar, a screen pops up with a quick bio. There is a "start a conversation" link, if you wish to do so. :)
Do I know you as another name?

New Threads

Top Bottom