• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking for Galton Board

grommet

Can you help me find a Galton Board that is not made by the Galton Board company?

I ask because their model seems to include one oversize brass ball to create another random condition and that ball often becomes stuck. Does anyone else make Galton boards?

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 6.02.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 6.05.38 PM.png

Huh, this is the first time I've ever heard of these or seen them. Ya learn something new every day.

Huh, this is the first time I've ever heard of these or seen them. Ya learn something new every day.

Oh it is wonderful! Trying to explain probability in systems to people, Regression to the Mean. It is great for that. Systems do work in certain ways and we can predict things to an extent. Never with certainty but there are probabilities. I think it comes down to Occam's Razor. That of course does not apply to physics but in my mind it is similar. It is more likely that a ball having two options on which way to fall, will likely fall somewhat evenly between the two. Could the ball always come down on one side or the other, yes, but the Galton Board shows over and over, using a system large enough, containing 3,000 balls, that it won't.

Someone wins the lottery but it is more than an outlier. Most people's money will end up with the Lottery Commission just like most of the balls will land in the center.

How about this? Amazon.com - Galton Board.
Another one, that looks waaay too expensive: Amazon.com - Galton Board, pricey edition.

Here's an app on the Apple app store: Link to da app.
And one for you Androids out there: Link to da other app.

Keywords used: Galton Board, Bell Curve, Probability distribution.

Wonderful tips, thank you.

I have spoken with the people at Galton and they say they have solved the problem, no longer making the single brass ball larger than the rest.

I want the board but it is expensive at $34.95 so I am waiting until there is a price drop. I am also wondering if I need the board at all because I think I could show someone a Youtube video of it being used.

New Threads

Top Bottom