• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

LONDON - Seeking Individuals with a Diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome for dissertation project

BethC

Hi everyone,

I'm a 21 year old girl with Asperger's Syndrome, and was diagnosed when I was 7 years old. The symptoms have affected me my whole life. I'm now in the final year of my degree, studying BSc Psychology in London. My dissertation is about the removal of Asperger's Syndrome from the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) and how individuals with Asperger's Syndrome feel about the diagnostic change and its possible implications. I will be looking to conduct 45-60 minute interviews at my university in London, and I feel I can do this in a sensitive manner, enabling participants to feel comfortable, as I have lived with Asperger's Syndrome myself.

I would like to interview individuals aged between 18 and 25 who were diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome before the age of 16. Please let me know or send me a message on here if you might be willing to take part, alternatively you can email my university address at [email protected]

Thank you for reading, I look forward to hearing from some of you

Do you ever have days where you can't leave your home or invite friends, or even answer phone calls?

Yes but since I went on anti-depressants 2.5 years ago I don't feel like that very often anymore. As well as improving my mood they also improve my confidence

I'm in the age range, but wasn't diagnosed under 16 nor do I live in London. I'm in the UK though. Not sure how helpful that really is, if you have a use for me I'd be happy to do it. But online, I'm not up for London, way too busy a place for me.

I'm in the age range, but wasn't diagnosed under 16 nor do I live in London. I'm in the UK though. Not sure how helpful that really is, if you have a use for me I'd be happy to do it. But online, I'm not up for London, way too busy a place for me.

Thank you for your response! If I struggle to recruit all 10 participants my supervisor might let me loosen the criteria, so if that happens I will let you know?

hi, im in the age range(19), i was diagnosed around 15 i think, very interested in what you are doing and helping after all further study is vital for increased awareness and understanding. message me if you want to know more.

hi, im in the age range(19), i was diagnosed around 15 i think, very interested in what you are doing and helping after all further study is vital for increased awareness and understanding. message me if you want to know more.

Thanks so much for your response, I shall send you a message!

New Threads

Top Bottom