• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lightning fast!

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Tonight, one our big public art galleries posts on Facebook, created an event for a movie screening on the life of Jane Jacobs... I called a friend within a few minutes... Went to the ticket page (free ticket), already sold out... Are people that quick! Or maybe I'm just not in the loop enough to hear about these things until it's too late... Really frustrated... :( I was looking forward to it... Nothing ever works out for me, I'm just a screw up

a little of both I'm afraid. Sometimes things are on a first come first serve to basis tend to sell out really quickly. And you do need to either be in the loop or know people who are to know about ahead of time. If that makes sense?

a little of both I'm afraid. Sometimes things are on a first come first serve to basis tend to sell out really quickly. And you do need to either be in the loop or know people who are to know about ahead of time. If that makes sense?

Still frustrating and disappointing, I already feel like it has wrecked my week and next weekend...

I'm sorry. It is incredibly frustrating and disappointing, Do you having any other plans for the week?

I'm sorry. It is incredibly frustrating and disappointing, Do you having any other plans for the week?

This would have been one of a few different things on the go this week... But I have a strong interest in the topic of urban planning, and what Jane Jacobs did within this field of study...

Last edited:
I get your frustration and disappointment because it sounds like the perfect evening out, but I don't see how you screwed up or how it relates to your life. Maybe it reminds you of other events that you missed and that really bothers you? Or maybe the emotional let down is too overwhelming? I think the gallery is insensitive for screening the documentary only once - think of how many other spirits they have crushed. For the sake of all Jane Jacob fans you should write them a letter and demand they re screen the film.

I get your frustration and disappointment because it sounds like the perfect evening out ... Or maybe the emotional let down is too overwhelming? ... I think the gallery is insensitive for screening the documentary only once - think of how many other spirits they have crushed. For the sake of all Jane Jacob fans you should write them a letter and demand they re screen the film.

I don't know if it's overwhelming, but I know that I try to craft the perfect life, even in terms of things and events in the arts that I really want to attend, and I do know that isn't realistic... But I still seem to sometimes have that expectation...

I don't know if it's overwhelming, but I know that I try to craft the perfect life, even in terms of things and events in the arts that I really want to attend, and I do know that isn't realistic... But I still seem to sometimes have that expectation...

There's the rub.
As perfection is viewed through a variable and inconsistent human filter.
And past events perfect in the present living,
Can be eternally rejudged..

That is an interesting hobby, it sounds fascinating. Maybe you can find more things in your area that relate to it, that may help bring you into the loop so to speak.

QUOTE="Sherlock77, post: 485038, member: 17506"]This would have been one of a few different things on the go this week... But I have a strong interest in the topic of urban planning, and what Jane Jacobs did within this field of study...[/QUOTE]

New Threads

Top Bottom