• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Light Sensitivity

Jason Bennett

My eyes hurt in most environments because of any kind of light. I'm having to wear my sunglasses most of the time. The light causes pain in my eyeballs and eye sockets. Sometimes, even when I wear sunglasses my eyes still hurt with light. Anybody else experience this?

Not so much in the day time but really bright sunny days hurts me and while driving in the dark oncoming cars headlights really burns my eyes. I wear uv contacts and the burning has went down considerably from when I was a kid.

My daughter has a bad case of this, but it might be due to her concussions combined with autism. I bought her prescription sunglasses, and she also has some wraparound sunglasses that fit over any pair of regular glasses. This gives her double darkening plus blocks light from the sides leaking in.

It makes me sad, because I like a lot of light. We can never both be happy with the weather. If it's sunny, that's good for me and bad for her. If it's dark, she likes it and I just feel mopey.

My daughter has a bad case of this, but it might be due to her concussions combined with autism. I bought her prescription sunglasses, and she also has some wraparound sunglasses that fit over any pair of regular glasses. This gives her double darkening plus blocks light from the sides leaking in.

It makes me sad, because I like a lot of light. We can never both be happy with the weather. If it's sunny, that's good for me and bad for her. If it's dark, she likes it and I just feel mopey.

I totally get it. My family and I have made compromises over the years. A little bit of both goes a long way in persuing hapiness.

My eyes hurt in most environments because of any kind of light. I'm having to wear my sunglasses most of the time. The light causes pain in my eyeballs and eye sockets. Sometimes, even when I wear sunglasses my eyes still hurt with light. Anybody else experience this?
yes I used To wear ray bans, Would still be wearing them now but can’t find them ,my eyes are slightly different from yours because I damaged them by looking into the Sun and I’ve also had laser surgery ,at the time the technology didn’t prevent the laser from touching Live tissue. So my eyes are still sensitive after 27 years, I only notice if I rub my eye too vigorously,But I have dark sunglasses and AMBER sunglasses for migraines , do you have any allergies, rheumatoid arthritis ,lupus .The reason I ask !there are herbs that could help your eyes but if !you are immuno compromised !you might !react to them as everyone is unique ,there is no guarantee that something in the Herb might irritate you!

not quite the same thing but related so ill mention that I have quite sensitive which tends to affect me mostly in finding clothing very uncomfortable
makes me think id settle quite happily into a nudist colony really......

not quite the same thing but related so ill mention that I have quite sensitive which tends to affect me mostly in finding clothing very uncomfortable
makes me think id settle quite happily into a nudist colony really......

Me, too! Most, if not all, clothing feels scratchy, bunchy, or choking to me. 1 more vote for a nuditst colony!

Bright lights just blind me. I always end up driving straight towards where the sun is shining because of the way I go to get to my college. I have prescription shaded lenses, and they help a little but not much.

Bright lights just blind me. I always end up driving straight towards where the sun is shining because of the way I go to get to my college. I have prescription shaded lenses, and they help a little but not much.
ray ban wayfarer -dark green lenses good for eye sensitivity ,i used them right after the laser surgery ,they are very dark and not cheap.

Can you link me to what they look like?
As requested
A2949CB4-6F03-4753-AC4B-DFD4A5EE9D93.jpeg
ray bans are made in other shapes and are dark as well ,they also have an aviator style but probably as you’re autistic you want them covered in at the sides ,these worked for me to the extent that I had to take them off because it was so dark, wish I could find them,I Started to have the problem of what do I do ?if I take them off as the light is so bright after I’ve done that, but remember my eyes are slightly different from yours if you haven’t had laser surgery and you haven’t damaged them you probably wouldn’t be as shocked by the light.

New Threads

Top Bottom