• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Let's celebrate our little victories!

Managed to negotiate a price for a haircut today before the hairdresser cut it, usually I say nothing and they overcharge me. Likely because of all the noise and smells I shut down, and when strangers touch me I can barely mumble.

Today, I asked the price, she told me her price and asked me if I agreed and with a bit of negotiation I said yes. It's a shop with many hairdressers and all of them seem to charge different prices, usually as much as they can, each time I go there are different hairdressers so I can't go to the same one each time.

It may sound odd but it's important to me .. I finally got myself to wear a different kind of underwear. It's felt like a big deal. I could only wear one kind to be comfortable but they don't seem to make it anymore and I knew one day what I had would wear out. I felt desperate because I had tried wearing other kinds and I could never make it more than a few hours. But I finally managed last week. This helps me a lot because as I said, I can't get any more of the old kind.

I have such a need for things to feel right and be the same that I live with a fear that the thing I need won't be available any more. I don't like living this way but I can't seem to help it. I try to force myself to change but I just have problems. It seems a part of me decides on one thing and then it has to stay that way.

So this is a victory for me. I wonder if I should hope it means I could change other things too. Actually I remember now that a few years ago I was able to stop eating the same cereal. I had been having exactly the same kind at exactly the same time for years. I put a number on each box so I knew what would be freshest when I bought in bulk. I ate about 500 boxes before I stopped.

I wish I could be more flexible. I just don't seem to be built for it.

biggggg yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for alllllllllll

New Threads

Top Bottom