• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lefty or Righty?

Which hand is your dominant hand?

• Left

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Right

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
I was born a leftie but after four years of paralysis I came out a rightie, fairly ambidextrous nowadays which comes in 'handy'.

Righty. But I can write fairly well with my left and some things I'm better with my left. I play pool left handed and if I try to play right handed I'm terrible!

Left. Interesting when I use to be part of a model railroad club all 6 members including me are left handed.

I'm left handed, but can use both hands to write and do other tasks. I actually favour my right hand with some things. I remember in school, when the teacher found out I was a leftie, she had the mouse swapped so I could use my left hand but it was impossible...after about 3 minutes of fiddling around and trying to get the pointer to go in the right direction, I ended up dragging the wires back round so I could use my right hand. Haha. I know some lefties also play "left handed guitar" but I can't...I always do it the right handed way...and other things too :)

I'm right-handed, but I didn't favor a particular hand until I was around six years old. My mom says that when she signed me up for kindergarten, they asked her whether I was right or left-handed. She simply replied "I'm not sure."

I'm right/ left handed but not sure cause often hammering nails or using power tools I get confused on what hand to use.

I'm left handed for everything but writing, the teacher used to hit my hand if she caught me using my left, Catholic schools lol

I write better with the right hand, but can write with the left. Most things I do better with the left. Was also told I rode a skateboard backwards, but when I saw photos of Tony Hawk riding the same way I knew it was ok. When I broke my right wrist I had to totally become a lefty for 8 weeks. Writing and using the computer mouse wasn't a huge deal. But what was weird, is I was now looking at engineering drawings from right to left instead of left to right. I wonder if a lefty thinks that way.

Some lefty guitarists play righty because of a better selection of instruments and parts. There are different theories on what makes a guitar right or left handed. I always understood it as on a right handed one, pitches increase left to right, like a piano. However with your left fretting hand inverted it is opposite, pitches increase from the index finger to the pinky, and having played piano first, that took some getting used to. If I played lefty, pitches would still incease from index to pinky, and on the right hand this would still be the same. Makes me wonder if I started playing lefty it would have been easier.

One thing I learned in hunter's safety is there is also a left and right eye dominant. There was a girl in front of me who was right handed but left eye dominant. They told her that was odd. But I became interested because I am the same way. Here I thought most people were, and figured that's why they put camera viewfinders on the left, and made camcorders so you can use your left eye.

Predominantly right handed, but use my left hand for lots of tasks too.

I can't write very well at all with my left hand though.

I grew up using the left hand, and use either of them depending of the task.

Early this year I switched my writing hand from the left hand to the right hand.
I feel my handwriting has improved greatly after I switched.
Though many habitual tasks (brushing teeth, cooking, ...) are still primarily done on the left hand.

Lefty; used to be ambidextrous when I was younger but a bit of a medicinal incident* that left me temporarily paralyzed until I went to Physio. They worked with me on my left side so much that I became a lefty.

I'll still use my right hand for certain tasks though; only thing I can't do is write well with that hand anymore.

(* Doctors gave me a bit too much of something that did that, don't quite remember what for though, this happened when I was about 6 or 7 and a lot of my memory from my childhoods hard to remember since all that time's practically been a blur to me)

New Threads

Top Bottom