• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

LDR troubles

Ryn

I've been in a long distance relationship with someone who's on the spectrum for almost 5 years now. It's mostly arguments, stress and butting heads. The rare moments where there's "happiness" or what I believe is "love" are short lived.

I'm... just tired. I know relationships aren't always rainbows and sunshine, but I don't think they should be all doom and gloom, either. Both of us often complain that our needs aren't getting met. It's a mess.

Even if this wasn't an issue, I don't see us ever closing the distance. At this point, I can't picture a future together. He wants to work together, get married and have children. I don't particularly care to work together (but could compromise), don't really care if I get married or not (again, comprisable) and more than anything, don't have any desires to have children (if I could, I would get sterilized now).

The issue I have is besides family, this is the only person I have in my life. When it comes down to it, yes, I love him dearly... However, I deep down wished he treated me differently. I wish I felt loved. I know painfully well that people won't change nor do I have the right to push my 'wants' on him. However, I'd be lying if I'd say deep down, I wish there was someone who was like that.

I don't really have something I'd like to achieve by writing this. I guess I'm just sick of holding this in and not being able to share.

Anyway, if you read all of this, sorry for my venting.
Hope you're all hanging on.

I'm not hanging on. I'm thriving, as much as life allows at this point.

Sounds like he has it all planned. Too bad he didn't include you in the planning.

New Threads

Top Bottom