• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Late Diagnosed Man, 54, seeks dating advice

LouisK

I found out I am an Aspie almost three months ago.

I have never had a date with a woman.

I have a job, live alone in a nice house and am considered a 'high functioning' Aspie.

How would anyone suggest I get started in meeting women?

I welcome any advice from men and women, especially those who have had some success in this area.

Louis,
Pursue your hobbies, or try something new. When you're doing something you enjoy, you're going to be seen at your best. And even if you don't happen to meet any women you're interested in, the worst case scenario is that you went out and had some fun. While I hate to give companies free advertising, check Groupon.com for your area -- there are probably all kinds of deals for stuff like dance classes, glass blowing classes, things like that. Dance classes might be a good option if that's something that interests you -- I have no personal experience, but I've heard that the male/female ratio is usually pretty good. Another source worth checking out would be Meetup.com -- there are groups for all kinds of activities. Hope that helps.

Louis,
Pursue your hobbies, or try something new. When you're doing something you enjoy, you're going to be seen at your best. And even if you don't happen to meet any women you're interested in, the worst case scenario is that you went out and had some fun. While I hate to give companies free advertising, check Groupon.com for your area -- there are probably all kinds of deals for stuff like dance classes, glass blowing classes, things like that. Dance classes might be a good option if that's something that interests you -- I have no personal experience, but I've heard that the male/female ratio is usually pretty good. Another source worth checking out would be Meetup.com -- there are groups for all kinds of activities. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I have thought of dance classes. I will also look into your other suggestions.

New Threads

Top Bottom