• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Laid off? These places are hiring.

GadAbout

Amazon.com and other delivery operations - to pick up the increased home-delivery demand - and Amazon is paying a $2 higher wage at this time.

Grocery stores - same thing. Extra stockers, order pickers, delivery staff.

Babysitting - for those workers (such as health care workers) who have children home from school but day care centers are closed. The place to look for these babysitting jobs is on nextdoor.com for your neighborhood, or see if there is a neighborhood Facebook group.

Last edited:
Indeed. I heard some similar stories. I know Safeway and Walmart are up to their eyeballs in restocking issues. It doesn't help that it snowed here, delaying so many trucks going over Donner Pass.

Under the circumstances, I suspect those employers right this moment won't be all that picky of who they hire.

I've thought about it, being unemployed... But was thinking today, that if I take on a temporary job with too many hours, then quit, I might jeapordize my Employment Insurance claim... You aren't allowed to claim EI if you quit, and if they follow the exact rules...

I'm planning to to use my EI towards college training

New Threads

Top Bottom