• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kardashian blocker?

Mia

V.I.P Member
Have become quite annoyed with certain types of trash media. And have been searching for some sort of filtering ability for words such as kardashian, jenner and anything related to them.

Does any one have any experience with key word blocking filters? If so, would they work with firefox? Know that chrome has a keyword filter, but I don't use that particular browser. I've found this and set it up, so far it's partially worked in my ad blocking software:

##[href*="ardashian"]
##[href*="kim-k"]
##[href*="kim_k"]

Is there any way I can completely block this kind of media? Considering something like adding key words to a parental blocker, and using that, although it's slows things down a great deal. So I'm not certain that I'd trade annoyance (I'm getting anger tics) for speed.

Last edited:
I know with adblock, you can right click over an HTML element and decide what you don't want to show. Here a screenshot for an example. When this dialog appears, you move the slider and it will detect html code around the elements you right click. You move the slider until you capture the element you want. I use it all the time to block elements I don't want to see on a page.

Capture.JPG

I need everything involving human society blocked.

Are you ok? I'm sorry if life is so bad that you need to say something like that :(

Not everyone in human society is that bad. Yes there is many many bad people out there but there is still plenty of good ones too. They might not be always visible, they might not be people you know yet even.. but they do exist. I know it's not easy to focus on the good, but focusing on the bad tends to just make things worse sometimes.

I need everything involving human society blocked.
We need to start a Go Fund Me and get this thing started. Though I'm not saying this in a sarcasm. If something existed to filter out most things a person don't care about, internet would be a better place.

I tend to treat most any subject for tabloid fodder much as I do with having "banner blindness".

Although I was always fascinated with how Robert Kardashian ceased to be a friend to OJ Simpson. The one member of "the dream team" who saw the truth as something far beyond their mere legal victory.

As for the rest of the family, meh. "Mind over matter".

I really don't mind, because they really don't matter. ;)

Last edited:
If anyone has a solution for blocking certain terms, do share. You're not the only ones with this problem, and I could do with less trash on the net.

I remember there was a plugin for Chrome (but for Youtube comments only). I need something that works on all sites though, so I'm all ears if anyone finds something handy.

If anyone has a solution for blocking certain terms, do share. You're not the only ones with this problem, and I could do with less trash on the net.

I remember there was a plugin for Chrome (but for Youtube comments only). I need something that works on all sites though, so I'm all ears if anyone finds something handy.

I have the StayFocusd extension for Chrome, and I am wondering if it can be altered in a way to use wildcards for the Blocked Sites filter (something like *.com/*kimkar* or *.com/*kardashian*) and invoke its Nuclear Option to just get rid of the links, but it seems a bit convoluted. Unfortunately, StayFocusd is not on Firefox.

Not much of a Firefox user, and the add-on I found when going through it (ProCon Latte) has not been updated in a while. But I am looking foward in a couple months when Firefox can finally fully support the Evernote Web Clipper and I'll try it out more.

For Chrome I'd suggest "Word Replacer II" and replace the terms you don't like to something else. Maybe just to the word BLOCKED.

There's also "Warn Me" which gives a trigger warning if a word on your list appears on the page.

Finally, I'll point out "CustomBlocker" which is a lot more nuanced for blocking elements and words, but also a lot more complicated.

Keep in mind all of these take time to work, so if your computer is slower than you may see the words you wish to ignore for a second or so.

I don't know what ya'll are searching for that Kim Kardashian popping up constantly is a problem? I had to actually Google her name to even figure out who she even was... lolololol

Now a Trump blocker could be more useful. You can't search for anything without him popping up now, which I'm convinced was his orginal goal, to make EVERYBODY pay attention to him. If K.K. runs for president next were going to have a real (more real tan now? o_O) problem. And I'm sure she'll get elected, because why not? :eek::confused:

At least Miley advocates for weed and free love. <3

New Threads

Top Bottom