• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just burnt my self in the show (SPD)

CaramelCookie

Does anyone else have this with water temperature? I came out of the shower and looked in the mirror and was like wtf?? Face is all red.

It happens quite often if no one is around to check the temperature for me. Sometimes I come out and my whole body is red.

Any solutions since I have no one to check at the moment?

=)

I'm not sure what kind of shower you have, but on mine the temperature is labeled on the knob. I always default at about 38-40, since I like hot showers. The thing is, you may also be getting used to it- maybe it warms up gradually? I would try waiting before you get in, like turn it on and let it run for a bit and settle on the temperature first, if that makes any sense.

But I've never had a problem of burning myself as I'm quite sensitive to temperature, though...

I haven't had any problems with burning myself either. I'm also sensitive to temperature and am constantly adjusting it as it warms up.

I'm usually quite red if I leave the shower... and I can't take anything above the 20 degrees celcius mark. I tried adjusting when I was under the shower... I might slip in another 5 degrees... for another minute or so.

No advice, just sympathy here. I also have the habit of running the shower too hot, to the point where I come out, stagger into my bed [I have an ensuite] and pass out, heh.

I think it's quite normal for some folks. As long as you don't experience any pain or dizziness, I think you should be fine. It can also happen when water is hot and there's no proper ventilation in the bathroom. Maybe you can experiment a little, turn on the water, figure out what temperature you like (if I'm not mistaken you shouldn't check temperature with your hand, try wrist, some other part of your arm - information will be more reliable then), look at the position of the knob or handles and try to remember it, next time just put them in the same position. I do it all the time, especially for my kids. They like cool showers, so I have to make sure the water is not too hot. If you think you'll keep forgetting to do that, you can always put a note on the wall next to the shower. And even make a picture of the knob/ handles position. Or you can just use a thermometer, but that might take too long.

Last edited:
My shower runs off the tap, so wouldn't work to put it to the same place every time, I might mark the tap with a black marker in case it does work. But still need someone to tell me if its hot or burning hot haha. A thermometer is a really good idea but what's a reasonable/normal temperature? Or non-burning temperature? I do feel dizzy when I get out of the shower coz I'm so hot, that's the point at which my body decides to let me know I'm too hot. It's crazy.

I really love heat and hate cold so this is gonna be a difficult one to work out. I was always the kid with a jumper, wooly hat and gloves on in the summer...

Thanks for all the replies, interesting =)

New Threads

Top Bottom