• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just an Appreciation for good Data

Lobelty

I’m doing the nightshift in the sleep lab right now and got nothing to do for the next 7 hours. But that’s okay because the EEG-data we are collecting is just SO CLEAN today. I love it when the EEG actually works because there are so many things that can disturb the signal.

It’s so exciting seeing all the sleep spindles and how the amplitudes change with the sleep phases.

Working nights sucks but if the data is good it might just be worth it.

I hope anyone can relate and I wish your data will be clean as well

I too have an appreciation for clean data on my mechanical ventilator graphics and trend data. It's nice to be able to take a screen shot, send it to a physician, explain what you're seeing, and have them respond with understanding,...as opposed to confusion. ;):) Happened to me today. I'll take the win if it helps my patient.

As a researcher, I know all about what you are talking about. Getting smooth histograms with a lot of data points is great, and then being able to plot a graph with clear results, where the individual data points fit nicely and R squared is close to one is very satisfying.

Sadly, both occurrences are quite rare, but when they do happen, man, it feels good.

By the way, could you tell me what EEG stands for?

@Lobelty, Is this what it looks like?

1679225504405.png

New Threads

Top Bottom